How do you carry Streamlight TL-3

Larry1582

Enlightened
Got a Streamlight TL-3 as a Christmas gift. How do you guys that have one normally carry it? The head seems kind of big to be carrying it in your pocket by the clip. Has anyone found a leather holster that works with it?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I myself find no problem since I do wear bib overalls quite a bit, loads of pockets and not a problem finding one that will accomodate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it bezel down in my front pocket, and found a lot of very friendly women swarming around me.

Didn't work.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Two ways: SF nylon 6P holster with tail protruding 3/4" or SF nylon 9P holster trimmed and stitched to fit which is most secure and compact carry. Flap is wide enough to cover 99% of bezel, may be custom-widened if desired.

Brightnorm

FNG

Enlightened
Inside or outside of coat pocket without the lanyard or pocket clip.

Techmedic

Enlightened
Uncle Mikes has a holder for a duty belt that should fit the TL-3. (sorry, I don't have the #) I have the TL-2 and the clip can remain on the light even while in the holster. (it clips outside the holster no problem) The quality of the Uncle Mikes holder is excellent.

So you expected an easy answer eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Well, once again another flasholic suggests that you continue buying stuff to support the habit - the tradition never ends!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Big Blessings for the Holiday season!
Techmedic

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking that the open-top leather Mag AA holster would fit...Bodies seem to have similar diameter. I haven't found the holster, yet, to test out the idea...

--dan

Larry1582

Enlightened
It is too tight in the two different leather mini-mag holsters I tried. I have an open basketweave holster that I was using for the TT-2L. The TL-3 is slightly smaller in diameter, but it will work leaving the clip on. I was wanting a closed holster for the duty belt.

paulr

Flashaholic
Bravo, I don't think that holster will fit a TL3. I've carried mine clipped inside my pants pocket, but if I carried it regularly I'd get either an open top holster or a belt pouch for it, depending.

paulr

Flashaholic
It occurs to me that the TL-3 may also be a good candidate for a pager button / belt clip thingie like McGizmo has been making.