Do Flashlight Manufacturers Listen To Suggestions?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=298

As posted above, I am just wondering if it is worthwhile to e-mail suggestions to companies that manufacture lights or is it a waster of time? The reason I ask is because I really like using my Streamlight ClipMAte USB as a cap light. So much so, that I would love to see Streamlight, or another company, make a similar light. It could easily be a bit larger to handle say 150 or 200 lumens. I suspect the problem is this is such a "niche" light that they might not sell enough to make it worth their while. Anyway, does anybody here have any experience making suggestions to the companies? If so, what was your experience?

hacklordsniper

Newly Enlightened
It could depend about the company. Cheap flashlight manufacturer in China will not listen your suggestions unless you order a container of them. But reliable, long term companies are surely going to listen their consumers.

You can try, it does not cost you anything

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you have noticed, but a lot more of the smaller 50-300 lumen flashlights, especially AAs, are appearing with two-way clips that can be used to clip them to the bill of a ball cap, etc. Also, the Pelican VB3 clip light will work as a cap light, as well as a pocket or belt like, like the many angle-head lights already for sale do.

We know the Mark from Lumens Factory listens. Check out this thread from the Incandescent Forum:
[h=3]Shouldn't Lumens Factory Have a Turbo Head?[/h]It took a couple of years, but it happened. Instead of writing to the manufacturers as a single person, you might consider starting a similar thread to see how others feel. I bet that most of the major manufacturers subscribe to clipping services that watch all the various blogs and websites for mention of their name and/or products, if only to keep a finger on the pulse of what is happening. Go for it.