Range Bags

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I'm looking to purchase either a new Blackhawk or Eagle Industries bag and I'm looking for opinions from those who own or have owned either.

I've studied both web sites and both are high quality. What I'm hoping is that someone can tell me about the intangibles or any other little details that should go into a purchase decision.

zorba

Enlightened
From the army related forums the Eagle seems to be the one to go. Blackhawk stuff is not considered as of the same high quality as Eagle.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagle is overpriced and few really need that level of quality. A cheap duffel bag from Target, they have a good selection, will do.

but if you insist on a range bag, one of the best out there is Ishot http://www.ishot-inc.com/html/products.html I have one and they are every bit as good as the big name overpriced brands. Search over at glocktalk, you'll find plenty of praise.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightboy, Eagle bags use closed-cell foam. Many bags use open-cell foam which traps moisture. I have been umimpressed with Blackhawk. Eagle bags are expensive but you get quality.

BC

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I don't know about range bags, but I know that my Eagle Becker Patrol Pack has held up to 2 years of every day abuse, and looks almost new. The few nits I have, they have offered to repair, but I can't bare to part with it. The folks at eagle say that that is a common problem. The say "It's like trying to get a baby to give up their binkie"

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
....Eagle bags use closed-cell foam. Many bags use open-cell foam which traps moisture......

[/ QUOTE ] If your bag gets wet and you leave a gun in it I can see a problem. But who's stupid enough to do that?? [ QUOTE ]
Eagle bags are expensive but you get quality.

BC

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely.