Surefire TIR Lens with XPL?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Do any of the new 1 or 2 cell SF flashlights with TIR use the xml or xpl led? Does it increase throw? I would love to see a set of all the currently manufactured small surefire flashlights with tir lenses on a white wall shot from the same distance for comparison purposes. I sold my only SF flashlight that had a tir lens years ago but I'd like to give another one a chance. The question is which one?

recDNA

Flashaholic
OK, do any new small SF flashlights with TIR us3 XML?

recDNA

Flashaholic
The e2dlu must be an xml. I wish they would build a new L1 or LX2. I prefer the 2 stage lx2 ui to the click on click off click on ui of 5he e2dlu...not to mention having to pay to detooth the damn thing.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2DL Ultra and EB2 use an Osram emitter that is very visibly different than an XM-L or XM-L2. The larger surface area of the XM-L/XM-L2 would only hurt the throw of the E2DL Ultra or EB2 unless the output was cranked up considerably.

The EB1-T and EB2-T have the same UI as the old L1 and LX2, along with no crenelations to remove.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is the EB1-T output increased with use of RCR123 like the L1 was?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm intrigued by both. Hope I get the chance to try them. Is the EB2-T comfortable in the front pocket or too big?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm intrigued by both. Hope I get the chance to try them. Is the EB2-T comfortable in the front pocket or too big?

I carry the EB2-T nearly every day in the front left pocket of my jeans with the Thyrm SwitchBack Backup on it. I don't have any issues with comfort but I don't think I could comfortably carry anything that sticks up any further out of the pocket. The only issue I had was with accidental activation sometimes when I would sit down but the Thyrm ring has solved that issue for me and I like the added grip it provides.

Everyone has their own preferences so YMMV.

recDNA

Flashaholic
But that activation would only last while button depressed right? Now to choose a color...hmm