Surefire G2X Tactical & 6PX Defender Problems

bepo588

Newly Enlightened
hey guys! i registered myself just a couple of minutes ago. im from germany and i always read some threads in this forum, so i decided to register myself ;)

i recently bought two surefires. a g2x tactical and a 6px defender.
they work pretty well, never really had a big problem with them, but: the press button my g2x tactical is quite hard to press and to hold. is that normal or do i have a broken tailcap switch?

the problem with my 6px defender: it also works quite well, but i'm not really sure what to think about the lockout feature. the lamp goes out when i only screw the tailcap about 6-8mm. a friend of mine, who has also a 6px defender, does not have this issue. his defender is only locked out, when he screws the tailcap about at least 1/4 turn. is my tailcap ****ed up or his? or maybe both? :D

would be nice, if anyone answer to my questions! have a nice day!

Mike 208

Enlightened
If I remember correctly, the G2X Tactical light comes with the "dead man" switch (no click feature - push switch for momentary on and twist the tailcap for constant on). If so, then it sounds like the light is working correctly. If desired, screw the tailcap down until the light turns on, then back it up until the light just turns off. That way, you just have to lightly press the switch to turn the light on.

From what you describe, the 6PX Defender's tailcap is locking out properly. I don't know why it takes a 6-8mm turn to activate it. Maybe it is the way the treads are cut into the tailcap/barrel.