Light you regret NOT buying

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I research to much so don't really regret any I bought. However, sometimes I research to much, or waffle to much and miss out on something I should have bought. For many reasons, no longer available, out of price range now etc.

1. Surefire Hellfire
one on sale really really cheap and I debated with myself to long. Someone else didn't.

2. Modamag Collosus
When one is available I don't have cash. Like right now. Ugh.

3. LuxRC FL33
Some specials came up, by the time I decided they were gone.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wished i had bought loads of Led Lensers when they had a silly sale on at Mapp the Muppets last year.

lytumup

Newly Enlightened
Leatherman serrac 2, best little aaa light I ever owned, clicky switch, reversible clip, low=5 lumens and high 35 lumens, just right for what I use it for. I wish I would have bought 10 of them instead 1.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw about 10 NIB Surefire E2E-HA on the rack at Cabelas a couple of years ago on closeout for $49.99 each. I should've bought the lot of them.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe not so much a specific flashlight, because I tend to build my own. My regrets are mainly the custom parts from FiveMega or RPM that are sold out way before I get around to checking the sales threads. One of these guys had an E-series tailcap in titanium that was really nice. Totally missed out on that one.

~D

Screehopper

Enlightened
I research to much so don't really regret any I bought. However, sometimes I research to much, or waffle to much and miss out on something I should have bought. For many reasons, no longer available, out of price range now etc.

1. Surefire Hellfire
one on sale really really cheap and I debated with myself to long. Someone else didn't.

The closest that I got to a Surefire Hellfire was holding one and pretending to be spotlight/light saber at a Surefire Afterparty many, many, many years ago.

LedTed

Enlightened
There are several flashlights I missed out on my chance to acquire. Among them, the DST TLR stands out in my mind.

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Just recently several Elzetta models were heavily discounted on Amazon. I hesitated, and they are gone.

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
Black E1e when they were on closeout. And many years ago when Sportsman's Warehouse was going through bankruptcy and the local store had SF G2 lights for $19.99 in every color. I paid full price for a black, a yellow, and a tan G2, but never got a green G2.

Basically, I just kick myself for not realizing the great price of the G2s and for getting the E1e in natural, which I prefer, instead of the black E1e that skyrocketed in price. But if I was prescient, I'd be a billionaire by now.

Personally, I don't get why so much love for the E1e, as I prefer the E2e. Put a Veleno "drop -in" in the E1e and find it useful, but the E2e I kept stock when I realized what great throw and tint it has. I should have stocked up on bulbs, but it gets used only when truly beneficial (e.g. fog,snow,etc.). Therefore, it's not used a lot. I'd like to use it more, but it's just not economical.

Regret not getting a Surefire Z series light of some sort.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I don't get why so much love for the E1e, as I prefer the E2e. Put a Veleno "drop -in" in the E1e and find it useful, but the E2e I kept stock when I realized what great throw and tint it has.

I think the E1E love is more nostalgia than anything. It takes people back to a time when a 2 inch long light had the same output as (and better beam pattern than) a 2D maglite. I'll agree though - the difference between the brightness/throw of the MN01 and MN03 is night and day.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Personally, I don't get why so much love for the E1e, as I prefer the E2e. Put a Veleno "drop -in" in the E1e and find it useful, but the E2e I kept stock when I realized what great throw and tint it has. I should have stocked up on bulbs, but it gets used only when truly beneficial (e.g. fog,snow,etc.). Therefore, it's not used a lot. I'd like to use it more, but it's just not economical....

Don't forget about Lumens Factory bulb options ... the EO-E1R will run on a 17670 (or 16650) rechargeable, and is both brighter and less expensive than the MN03 (which ran on 2x primaries).