How do you carry your L4?

Streak

Enlightened
I have had mine for a few months now. I cant find a way to cary it that I am comfortable with.

I have tried cliped into the back pocket but the clip scratches the car seat getting in and out. Also I am worried about it falling out.

I have tried cliped into the front pocket but I find the clip mounted too low and too much head (of the light!!) sticks out.

It's too long to carry loose in my back pocket as I do the ARC LS which I really do EDC.

I already have too many things on my belt to have it there in a pouch.

Any other ideas?

mporter

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Streak said:
I have had mine for a few months now. I cant find a way to cary it that I am comfortable with.

I have tried cliped into the back pocket but the clip scratches the car seat getting in and out. Also I am worried about it falling out.

I have tried cliped into the front pocket but I find the clip mounted too low and too much head (of the light!!) sticks out.

It's too long to carry loose in my back pocket as I do the ARC LS which I really do EDC.

I already have too many things on my belt to have it there in a pouch.

Any other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Streak makes an excellent case why the Arc LS is a better EDC light. The SF L4 provides 5w of light, but if you don't have it with you...

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear carpenter jeans and they have a pocket on the right thigh that I usually clip to. If wearing other jeans, I usually put it in the back pocket next to my wallet and it's unnoticable.

rlhess

Enlightened
Mine sits horizontally at the bottom of my left front pocket, under my wallet. The wallet is semi-rough nylon so it is not in great danger of slipping out.

When I first put my E2e in that position, I told my wife, I won't notice the weight at all as my wallet is lighter by at least the weight of the flashlight from buying the flashlight <smile>...so I've had an E2e or L4 there for almost two years.

Cheers,

Richard

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine in the left front pants pocket not clipped just bezel down and upright its easy to reach and use. The clip is a PITA, all of my EDC lights go there. My EDC knife is in the right front.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
Mine is in my Palm Pilot case. Fits quite nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ChrisM:

Which Palm PDA case do you use? I have a case, but it would seem to be much too wide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Many thanks,
eric t

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
streak: if you remove the clip you will compromise the L4's water-resistance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
Mine is in my Palm Pilot case. Fits quite nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ChrisM:

Which Palm PDA case do you use? I have a case, but it would seem to be much too wide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Many thanks,
eric t

[/ QUOTE ]

I use this one - It's from ebags.com and really allows you to pack a lot of stuff in it!

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I removed the clip saw what occurred with the bezel o-ring and reinstalled the clip till I can make a "filler" for the clip assy notch out of nylon or ABS

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really suprised that everyone is having a difficult time trying to figure out how to carry the L4. I carry it, clipped to my left front pocket with the head right at the opening. The only time I know it's there is when I reach my hand into my pocket. It has never come off of the clip, doesn't get in the way of the other things in the bottom of my pocket because it's above the other items that I carry.