Spark SD52 switch operation

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased two Spark SD52's, one is CW for me and one in NW for the wife.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if I leave the light off for a while (say overnight) it will not come on with a single click.

I have to hold the button for a couple of seconds, or the amount of time that it takes to change between moods, for it to come on.

After it has been on for a while or turned on and off a few times, it will come on with a single quick click.

Both lights perform the same.

Has anyone else seen the same results or had this issue?

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened
I was talking to someone that suggested that the issue might be my batteries.

I'm using eneloop that are 3-4 years old, but fully charged.

Anybody with any thoughts?

ryguy24000

Enlightened
the problem you are describing is the only "issue" I have with this headlamp! I use rechargeable batteries in mine and it seems when the voltage drops below a certain level this occurs. I have had mine for about 3 years and it always had a hard time starting when the battery was a little low. I can hold the button down and it will pulse a little until it finally starts up.

Looks like Spark has not solved this problem yet. that's too bad!! I wouldn't recommend this light to a friend because of this single issue!!!! Love the run time at mode med 2. hate to turn it off because it might not come on right away.

I wonder how it would run with a set of LION batteries???? My ST5 loves Lion!

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the information. I hadn't read that particular quirk before.

Too bad I didn't ask you for a recommendation before I purchased. :)

I might have went ahead and bought one, but I would not have picked up two of them.

I may try to find some LION's to try them out. I picked up some new Eneloops today and will see if they make a difference.

Thanks again