LOST MY ARC LS - WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicroE

Enlightened
Somewhere somehow the business end of my Arc LS disappeared. I still have the tail caps (both 123 and 2AA) but they aren't much good without the "bulb" part of the light.
My first reaction (after searching high and low and everywhere in between and outside) was to order another LS from Peter.

But after reading all of the posts on the upcoming models, I have become indecisive.
I have my SF L4 and L5 in the meantime, but I truly miss carrying my little Arc LS.
Should I wait for the Arc4 or Arc5 or ArcX or should I replace the LS now with a Fraen Optic "P" (my dream Arc).---Marc

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think you should continue searching for your LS head.. what was it doing seperated from the tailcap anyways?
might that be an indication that it still has to be around the house?
most ppl wouldn't carry just the head of the light without their tailpacks, so it seems like it'd be somewhere where you'd be taking it apart, right?

nexro

Enlightened
I would say you should get your hands on one of those LSHF-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I like mine very much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The Arc LS would definately be easier to carry around rather than the L4 or L5 which is significantly larger.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I would buy another one ASAP. If you find the one you lost that would be great and you would have a spare.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Maybe I should tell you that I EDC a ARC LSH-P & I have 4 spares just incase something/anything happens to my primary ARC. I also EDC the ARC AAA & Surefire A2 and I keep spares for them too. I have no intention of going without my EDC lights for even one day.

MicroE

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i think you should continue searching for your LS head.. what was it doing seperated from the tailcap anyways?
most ppl wouldn't carry just the head of the light without their tailpacks, so it seems like it'd be somewhere where you'd be taking it apart, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The lanyard hole/keyring is on the tailcap. I had the LS attached to a briefcase by a lanyard. That's why I still have the tailcap. The LS must have popped out of the briefcase and then the head unscrewed itself and fell away. I have had the LS head unscrew before, but it usually happened in a pocket so the pieces were still together. This time I got really UNlucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
tssssssss.. sorry Marc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
then i guess you outta replace it b4 Pistol Pete Gransee runs out..
or hold off for the LS4, if possible.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
tssssssss.. sorry Marc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
then i guess you outta replace it b4 Pistol Pete Gransee runs out..
or hold off for the LS4, if possible.

Connor

Enlightened
@MicroE

"the head unscrewed itself and fell away" ?!?

The head on my LSH sits quite tight and I can't imagine any circumstances at all under which it would unsrew itself unintentionally. Does your TSP have the rubber o-ring?

-Connor

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MicroE said:
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The lanyard hole/keyring is on the tailcap. I had the LS attached to a briefcase by a lanyard. That's why I still have the tailcap. The LS must have popped out of the briefcase and then the head unscrewed itself and fell away. I have had the LS head unscrew before, but it usually happened in a pocket so the pieces were still together. This time I got really UNlucky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very strange.

MicroE

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Connor said:
@MicroE

"the head unscrewed itself and fell away" ?!?

The head on my LSH sits quite tight and I can't imagine any circumstances at all under which it would unsrew itself unintentionally. Does your TSP have the rubber o-ring?

-Connor

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Both of the battery tubes (123 & 2AA) have O-rings. But the head of this unit was always a bit loose. It was an older unit made back in the dark ages.

Of course, on a positive note: when I replace it I will get a unit that has a much whiter & brighter LS than the one that was lost.---Marc

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
My first thought upon reading the subject: <font color="red">Cry</font>.

I'd go ahead and get the LS now. The LSHF-P is a real nice light to have, and you'll go crazy without it for the next two months.

When the Arc4 comes out you can buy it at your leisure. If you have the l4 amd l5 yo should get the LS and the Arc4 to balance them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

ROYALTO

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for your misfortune, I would by the LSHF-P. Its a great light, I dont think you will have any regrets. Later you can always get an Arc4.

red_robby

Enlightened
you should buy another LS right away, i bet you find the
head for the other LS the day you get the new one...

srue

Newly Enlightened
I seem to be in the minority here, but I think you should wait for the Arc4. The premium edition will only be $30 more than the LSHF-P (or you could get the standard for the same price) and it will be released in only a few months. The improvements in the Arc4 will surely justify the short wait.
To make it up to yourself you can get the Arc5 when it comes out too.

JohnJ80

Enlightened
I'm the wrong guy to ask. I called Arc today to order the LSL-NAT and wound up with both the LSL and the LSH which I might just swap out for a LSHF-P.

So, I'd say buy another. Failing that, sit down and sob (crying is a temporary solution to almost any problem I can think of).

J

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I lost my royal blue Arc LS about a week ago. I know the silly thing's around here somewhere, I just don't know where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
My Inova X1 is also gone, if that's any consolation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.