favoured daily light

Spidey82

Enlightened
wat is your favoured daily used non-rechargable light?

for me is rage.
small, light, bright.

lithium are too expensive for daily use.
(i do carry my scorpion around)

how abt u??

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 D Mag is my most used non-led light...I think...maybe a UKE AAA as well.

artar

Enlightened
should we add in wich occasion we use the light(s). I use my streamlight 2aa on the way from my garage (where i park my car overnight) and the house (approx. 30 meters). besides i use it in the house for searching things around in the dark. You see i use a flashlight to use a flashlight
grin.gif

phlashlight

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight batonlite, always in my pocket, a handy light that is always there, Other option that I rarely use is large trusty 4D cell Mag, kept in car change batteries every year weather it needs it or not. Use rechargeable most of the time if I need to see something far away or just need allot more light I go for the UltraStinger, not always in my pocket but I always know where it is.

Free

Enlightened
My non Led favorites are E1 or E2 depending on how much light I need and size or weight I want to carry. If I feel that I am in a threatening area I keep an M6 handy.

Brock

Flashaholic
I carry the E2 almost all the time, small enought to not bother me, but bright enought to get just about any job done.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2, 2L and Batonlite are always with me. At home, I'm using Clip Light more and more. I am planning to replace Batonlite with Clip Light. Hmm... I still have 26 packs of N cell ..
frown.gif

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spidey82:
wats a clip light??
it use N cell??
got a pic?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clip Light is 2-LED light, see the picture at http://www.ccrane.com/white_led_clip_light.asp

Oops, the price was $15.95. Crane seems have raised its price!

Batonlite uses N cell not the Clip Light.

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My favorite is myUKE2AAA and then I need some real power and distance it's the UKE4C light,both are waterproof,sturdy and produce a good light.
smile.gif

DebtFree

Newly Enlightened
"Out-In-The-Woods", Alabama "Home of hurricanes an
Hey everybody. This is my first post. I've been lurking since CPF started ... just never registered. Never thought there'd be over 500 members. Wow! Craig ... I'm finally here. I've learned so much from this forum. Thanks everyone for your brilliant input.

Anyway, to answer the question ... I carry 2 Photon II's on my keyrings. I've got one of those keyrings with 2 rings and a little connecting thingy that hooks them together. I carry the white on one, and a turquise on the other. Love em! But, I must admit that I only use them for brief moments. When I am at work, I also carry a white Stylus 3. I can't seem to run the batteries down in it. After a year's use, I am still at about 60-70% brightness ... still plenty bright for looking into tight places, or illuminating the interior of my mailbox at nite.

After reading Craig's review on the ArcWhite, I stopped by my local WallyWorld and picked one up. The ccft florescent part is nice and bright for an area light, but the krypton bulb on the front blew me away! It is much brighter than I expected, and is probably the brightest distance light I have ever had. Amazing! It will BRIGHTLY illuminate the tops of trees and things at a distance of several hundred feet. I've got one by my bed, and one in the truck.

Maybe if we give Gransee enough time, he'll make a LED light that will do that (no time soon, I'm sure).

My batonlight is good, too, but after reading so much here about the E2, my mough has been watering for one.

I also carry a UKE 2AAA. For it's size, that thing puts out a great light.

I've never seen a clip light. Went to the CCCrain site above, but the picture is tiny. BTW, they are listed there for 19.95 For those of you that have one, is it bright? Do you like it? How would you compare it to one of the other lights I've mentioned?

Thanks for your reply.
smile.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DebtFree:

After reading Craig's review on the ArcWhite, I stopped by my local WallyWorld and picked one up. The ccft florescent part is nice and bright for an area light, but the krypton bulb on the front blew me away! It is much brighter than I expected, and is probably the brightest distance light I have ever had. Amazing! It will BRIGHTLY illuminate the tops of trees and things at a distance of several hundred feet. I've got one by my bed, and one in the truck.

My batonlight is good, too, but after reading so much here about the E2, my mough has been watering for one.

I've never seen a clip light. Went to the CCCrain site above, but the picture is tiny. BTW, they are listed there for 19.95 For those of you that have one, is it bright? Do you like it? How would you compare it to one of the other lights I've mentioned?

Thanks for your reply.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ArcWhite's incandescence lamp has always been overlooked due to its great CCFT. After I changed its standard bulb with more powerful PR bulb, believe it or not, it outthrows a 4D Mag lite. Its well focus reflector make it a low cost GREAT distant light. My only complaint for this light is its cheap materials and is not sturdy enough to carry around. It's good light to stay home or in the trunk.

E2 is for different application. Although it won't throw as far as Arcwhite, it generates large volume of white light for moderate distant and it's great light to carry around. Bright, sturdy and good looking:) It helps me to chase a pocket picker for 6 blocks in dark area and searched a dark building with 6 cops just a couple days ago. While some of them carry P6 and Scorpion, they're impressed with the size of my E2 and its brightness. By the way, I'm not LEO but happened to be friend of the victim. No matter how good a light is, it is useless if it's not around. E2 is the light you could carry around and don't need to take care of it.

I have a clip light (2 LEDs model). It's only a tiny bit dimmer than Batonlite and really close (I use rechargeable on Clip Light but Alkalines on Batonlite during brightness comparison since I don't have brand new AAAs around). However, it is not as smooth as Batonlite. Although it's pretty sturdy (I dropped it on concrete floor from my desk MANY times without any damage), it might not be as sturdy as Batonlite which you could run over with a LandCruiser (try at your risk).

The best part of clip light is its USABILITY. Due to its smart swivel clip design and its small size (smaller than a E1), you could clip it on your belt, your cap, your watch band or anything you could imagine (not on your lips, ouch ...). It's well balanced on your teeth, you could bite on the clip instead of its body. You can even put it on your desk or any flat surface and tilt it to point to any object you're working at.

Alan

DebtFree

Newly Enlightened
"Out-In-The-Woods", Alabama "Home of hurricanes an
Alan,
Thanks for your informative reply.
smile.gif

Please tell me the name of the PR bulb you used in your Arc White. It is so bright now, I can't imagine a bulb brighter than the one it comes with ... but you know how us flashaholics are ... always wanting more and brighter. Ain't it grand?
grin.gif

Also, I believe the E2 is rated at 90 minutes of run time. Is that from start to dead? Or, is it 90 minutes of BRIGHT light.
Thanks.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could put in Krypton bulb like White Star (for 4-cell Maglite) or KPR113 (4.8v 0.75A). These bulbs are bright but not very white. This should be very cheap.

For better whiteness, you could put in Halogen HPR50 (5.2v 0.85A). This bulb is brighter and whiter.

The original bulb for ArcWhite is Krypton KPR802 (4.8v 0.5A).

While those Halogen bulb is whiter, it isn't focus as perfect as White Star from Maglite. White Star could make ArcWhite throw farther than 4D mag lite due ot tightly focus beam.

You could try both White Star and HPR50 to see your preference.

I haven't tried to lit up E2 all the way to burn its battery set. I couldn't tell if it really last for 90 minutes. According to other members, Sure Fire is pretty conservative on runtime figure.

Alan

Mike

Newly Enlightened
I tried a White Star bulb in my Arc White. It was brighter than the bulb that came with the light. Having melted reflectors before with hot bulbs I decided to put the standard bulb back in. It does a nice job and has a good runtime.