Solarforce head tear down

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Does anyone know how to remove the glass lens from any of the solarforce heads ? I want to paint one but can't unless I get the glass out and I do not see a threaded ring inside...

emoji302

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to remove the glass lens from any of the solarforce heads ? I want to paint one but can't unless I get the glass out and I do not see a threaded ring inside...

Remove the bezel. :)

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Did it the other day playing with aspheric in my SF L2 2011. Same thing for my other Solarforce stuff.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
The aspheric was an impulse buy, tacked onto a parts order.

Just threw it in there in places of the flat lens, leaving stock reflector. Knew it'd be very ringy output and that's exactly what happened. Center spot was fairly tight, even with the improper focal length, but I had it on my moonlight p60, so thrower optics would be silly for an up-close low-light p60 like that. It threw pretty well, actually... even though it wasn't a dedome or small-die LED emitter.

Now that jonwkng has me infected with thinking about a double-ended P60 host, I might go orange peel on one end and thrower dedome+aspheric on the other. That build is for another day, though. I haven't found a straight LEGO-solution using SF P60 parts (yet.) Scratching my head on how I'll go about a double-header P60 host.

I'm going to use it for something, just not quite sure what yet.