SOMEONE IS GOING TO WIN A FREE TK15C! Details in this weekend's newsletter--GO!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLICK HERE to Read How to
Be Eligible to Win a FREE
TK15C

Check out all the deals this weekend.
You'll be glad you did!

Thanks for being a customer.

Fenix Store
www.fenix-store.com
800-616-1326

Exceeding Customer Expectations

ScreenShot2012-09-23at91311PM_zps7fbf734a.png

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
LOL!! You guys are clever!

I DO NOT consider this a FREE GIVE AWAY! You have to Pre- Order one to qualify! So if you do not Pre order one you have no chance!!! Just a marketing approach to TRY and get more people to buy the light.

When SWM does a give away,that is exactly what they do.FREE,....NSA.

Fenix: PRE ORDER and maybe you will get lucky but if you don't you have to buy it!!! :shakehead

For SWM You do NOT have to Pre-order anything. In fact the last One they did there were Six[6] winners! :thumbsup:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it is not illegal here[maybe it should be!],,,,,,,it is however a ploy and a gimmick!!
Actually I do believe it's illegal here also. I don't think it should be illegal, but I don't think they should be misleading with "free". Instead it should be "pre-order for your chance to win."

ven

Flashaholic
Not very good for Fenix fans .....

Why not do an actual free give away,you know those type that are actually free!

Disapointed .....I certainly will not be pre ordering any light.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the Fenix Store and Fenix Outfitters are running the same promo. Pre-order and have a chance to win one.

I do pre-order lights like the Tube and the TM06, but both lights were heavily discounted not being offered for a chance of free after purchase.

Capolini

Banned
Fenix Store and Fenix Outfitters are the same company. That is what Judy from Fenix outfitters told me a few years ago. They have the exact same phone number.

I don't recall her exact reasoning,I think the store is the store[!] and Fenix outfitters is the official company name.

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.cap.org.uk/Advice-Traini.../Sales-Promotions-Lotteries.aspx#.VPl2MPmsV8G

A prize promotion might be considered an unlawful lottery if participants are required to pay to enter or to pay for goods at a price that reflects the opportunity to participate.

a 'no-purchase necessary' ("NPN") or free entry route will still be required in the UK generally. Free-entry routes should be explained clearly and prominently. Promoters should not discriminate against those who use a free-entry route by, for example, making it difficult to enter.

Prize competitions, unlike lotteries, do not need a Gambling Act licence. A prize competition must require entrants to exercise skill or judgment or to display knowledge, such that it can reasonably be expected to prevent a "significant proportion" of people from participating or from receiving a prize. Advertisers should contact the Gambling Commission or seek legal advice in relation to what constitutes sufficient skill or judgement. Marketers may charge for entry to a prize competition. A competition that does not involve some difficulty will be treated as a process that relies wholly on chance, and therefore classed as a lottery.

Empath

Flashaholic
Regarding the reporting of this thread to moderators / administrators: The giveaway is not being conducted on CPF. It is apparently an activity associated with the Fenix Store's website. As such, it is not, nor should it be CPF's responsibility to police dealers' websites, as to whether they are in compliance with regulations of every locality of the international community. Since a link to the activity announcement appears here on CPF, suffice it to declare: The links in this thread may or may not satisfy all regulations of every locality in which it may be viewed.

Any continued discussion of the dealer's activity satisfying your localities' regulation should be between you and the dealer, through a resource other than this thread. Any additional discussion in the thread will be regarded as thread trashing.

Greta

Flashaholic
I have PM'd Fenix Store to review members' concerns... as should the members have done.

Please heed Empath's post.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, guys. We certainly didn't intend our "giveaway" to be a gimmick or do anything illegal. We give away A LOT (if you've followed us through the years) where there is no obligation to purchase anything. We thought we would do something different this time, not intending it to be illegal or unethical. That is not the nature of our business...a business where we focus on integrity. Thanks for the heads up, Greta. Lesson learned. We apologize. Good intention didn't prove to be so good after all.

Last edited: