**Need advice on the How does the Photon Micro-Light II Max. Overdrive!

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am looking for a white Photon Micro-Light with an on/off switch. Is the Photon Micro-Light II Max. Overdrive the brightest Photon Micro-Light?

How does the Photon Micro-Light II Max. Overdrive compare against the Photon Micro-Light II?

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know there are 3 types of Photons now. The Photon I, II and water resistant. OK. The Esuire makes it four types. I assume you're referring to the over-driving of photons by replacing the single 2032 battery with two 2016 batteris. Driving the voltage from 3V to 6V. I think the only color that reportedly gave satisfactory results was the Green Photon in over-drive. The brightest stock Photon is supposed to be the Turquoise color. I don't know how that compares to the narrow white beam though. We need Walt, Joe or Tim's input on this.

(Moving to LED and Electroluminescent forum.)

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Brock

Flashaholic
Hi, the Turquoise photon is the brightest. The reason is the white really isn't white, but turquoise, or blue with phosphor in it that gets charged up by the blue light then re-emits as a white color. This process uses up some of the light output, but gives you the even or full color. So if you just want bright light output, turquoise is the way to go, I still prefer the white for color reasons.

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led.htm

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, turquoise is still my fave, precisely because it's still the brightest. I almost never need color recognition for what I use my photon for. The two-battery green isn't quite as bright as the turquoise.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
The turquoise is brighter than a narrow beam white?? Hmm... or is that the old wide beam white??

Blades