Host for XHP50

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
So I want to build a 2x 18650 or 2x 18350 XHP50 host.
I want it to be the size of the M3 SF head or smaller...what are my options? I am thinking the Convoy M1 or M2. I am unsure the diameter of the XHP50 but i believe it is smaller then 9mm right? If i choose the M1 that is the diameter of the reflector, how well will the beam look with a large opening if the diameter of the XHP50 is smaller...:sssh:

I already rebuilt MT-G2 p60 with a qlite and several custom p60s so this is not my first rodeo.:devil:

*I will be using the 16mm MCPCB xhp50 5c or (20mm if i get the M1 host) and q-Lite zener dr.J 3.04A 17mm

Last edited:

light-modder

Enlightened
The substrate that the die is mounted on, the small square part under the LED, is 5.5mm square. It will probably fit inside the 9mm hole. I don't know what the diagonal measurement is but I'm sure it will fit.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Decided to go with a XHP50 20mm sinkpad 2 and it will be mounted in a M2 host. :)just
need to figure out how many amps to hit it with......IDEAS anyone?

seasam

Newly Enlightened
Decided to go with a XHP50 20mm sinkpad 2 and it will be mounted in a M2 host. :)just
need to figure out how many amps to hit it with......IDEAS anyone?

I was thinking of 3A driven in an Eagle Eye X6. Or maybe just a BLF 17DD (direct drive)?? Actually I want to try the new buck driver that got posted up by RMM - OSHpark boards ordered! Should be good for 3A.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
I was thinking of 3A driven in an Eagle Eye X6. Or maybe just a BLF 17DD (direct drive)?? Actually I want to try the new buck driver that got posted up by RMM - OSHpark boards ordered! Should be good for 3A.
I built the light you can find it by searching for my posts. Also where does one get a blf dd driver ?

seasam

Newly Enlightened
I built the light you can find it by searching for my posts. Also where does one get a blf dd driver ?

I just realized this post was now old. ooops!

Here is the buck driver project. But you can't buy it you'd have to build it.
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/rJahqKiA

RMM/MTN sells direct drivers. search for "fet driver 17mm" on google, it should be the first hit. trying to avoid linking as I think it's not allowed. :mecry:

Last edited: