Lego my Nitecore EC21...?

chuckhov

Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a Nitecore EC21, and Love it!

I chose this particular model because of it's 108mm length, and the less thirsty (and tighter hot-spot) XP-G2, while still running on a 18650.

Of course there are times when I would value a larger hot-spot, along with the necessary lumen boost (to compensate) provided by a XM-L2.

I think that the new EC11 is Way too Cute, but those abysmal runtimes:-(

Then it occurred to me that the heads might be interchangeable, EC21-EC11? – The heads look exactly the same to me, right down to the switches.

The 'less-thirsty' XP-G2 on the EC11 18350 body, and the Floody XM-L2 on the 18650 EC21 body?

Do any of you have both? – If this will work, then the EC11 will be my very next acquisition! - Just as soon as this months retirement funds arrive:)

Thanks to all, and Have a Great Day!
-Chuck

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
It certainly may work, the heads should be interchangeable as many of their lights seem to be. It would be a worthwhile experiment for sure, I know I've read the EA11 and EC11 lights have interchangeable heads so I would think this one would be similar. The much larger capacity of the 18650 would boost run times significantly and theoretically provide much higher output on your light!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking the same thing. I have an EC11 on the way, but might consider getting an EC21 to try swapping the body tubes.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my EC21 as well. It's one of my favorites.

I wonder if The EC11 specs are just incorrect or there is something not very good about its driver.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
they do interchange, i just did it. Might do a moon light mode test to see how much better a 3400mah 18650 goes up against their claimed 12hr run time

Mark.K

Newly Enlightened
Excellent idea. I'm going to try it when my EC11 arrives. Thanks for the tip!

Bruno28

Enlightened
I was thinking this the other day!

I have the EC21 now waiting on the EC11 to arrive.

So we can get long run times on the XPG head with the 18350 battery and body?
And also long run times with the XML head with 18650 battery and body?