Nitecore MH12 - USB Cover

randy01

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

After lurking here for couple of months reading through lots of threads, i bought myself two flashlights (on top of all the cheap non branded flashlights i already have) which is the nitecore MT06 and the nitecore MH12. Both are great lights! Use the MT06 as an EDC and the MH12 when i go for work at rural areas with no power. (i'm a Photovoltaic System Engineer)

However, i have a quick question regarding the MH12. Anyone here has one and what are your opinions on the USB rubber cover? After a long use today i decided to rinse it under running water to clean off all the sand and soil that has accumulated on the grooves. While i was drying the light, i popped the rubber usb cover open and i found water inside! I don't suppose an IPX8 rated flashlight could let water in by just a simple rinse under the tap ? Or am i expecting too much out of it ?

Any way i can secure it tightly so water won't go in ? i would hate to have the light damaged due to water ingress and send it in for repair since its only two weeks old.

The MT06 on the other had was great! brought it to a water theme park with no problems !