Ink level monitoring software for HP DJ 890C?

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, a few weeks ago, I fitted a new harddrive to my main PC, and decided to reinstall Windows while I was at it thanks to a couple of glitches that were annoying me (They have not reappeared as yet).

Only thing that I've noticed, is that I no longer seem to have an ink level readout anyplace for the printer...I could be wrong, but I'd swear that it used to be there in the "services" section of printer properties...

It's an old HP DeskJet 890C, okay, ancient I know, but the cartridges seem to last forever, and image quality's excellent in general (Okay, it's a bit grainy compared to the modern equivilants - but this didn't cost me anything...so I ain't complaining!). It'd be nice to be able to keep track of the ink levels though, as it's just stopped printing green, and I'd like to see if it's just out of ink, or if there's a problem there.

Still, this is the first time I've even opened the lid of the thing to look at the cart in nearly 4 months, and I do quite a lot of printing!

Black cartridge was reading half when I got the printer a year ago...and it's STILL going!

Bill.H

Enlightened
It sounds like you used the built-in Windows drivers instead of the HP CD that came with the printer. All the added-on extras are from HP and should be on the CD. If you lost it, the software is usually downloadable from the Support section of the HP site.