• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD: Nichia 365nm UV Light Engines for Aleph & McGizmo Lights

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
All sold. Thanks CPF!

Note: I have the parts to build two more UV light engines, but have some flashlight mod priorities to complete first.

For sale some Aleph light engines using the Nichia NCSU033B(T) 365nm UV LED. These are the same light engines that I built previously, detailed in this thread. The light engines are designed for use in Aleph and McGizmo Mules, and the Aleph A19. The light engine does not play well with the XM-L Haiku reflector, but will work with XR-E Haiku.

Each light engine uses a Nichia NCSU033B(T) LED driven at 500mA by a single level GD converter board. The LEDs are mounted directly to the custom aluminum can with thermal epoxy (and secured with extra thermal epoxy for good measure). The GD board in the light engine will allow for a voltage range of 1.8V - 5.5V, for the use of primary, or RCR cells. The peak wavelength of the LED is 365nm, and the use of proper safety glasses is required. Anyone who purchases one of these light engines does so with the understanding of the dangers of UV light to both their eyes and skin, and should be prepared and equipped to protect themselves from the UV light which these light engines will produce.

These LEDs are perfect for currency and ID verification, curing Norland 61, scorpion hunting, finding pet stains, inspecting hotels for cleanliness, etc.

The price for each light engine is 115, shipped (within the U.S.) with Priority Mail service and Delivery Confirmation. The first "I'll take it" posted here takes preference over PM. In addition to an "I'll take it", you must also acknowledge that you understand the dangers of UV, and are prepared to protect yourself and others. Please consider using the following statement kindly crafted by Carpe Diem: I do understand the dangers of UV lights, and am prepared to protect myself and others regarding the same.

1. SOLD Carpe Diem
2. SOLD Carpe Diem
3. SOLD euroken
4. SOLD PhantomZ
5. SOLD PhantomZ
6. SOLD monanza

Factory anti-static bags with UV warning. Eye protection is a must when using these light engines.

LEDs out of the factory packaging.

Completed UV light engines

Bottom showing brass battery contact.

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Nichia 365mn UV Light Engines for Aleph & McGizmo Lights

Hi DatiLED...

I`ll take two (2) of the UV light engines. PM has been sent.

I do understand the dangers of UV lights, and am prepared to protect myself and others regarding the same.

Thanks.

:)

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Nichia 365mn UV Light Engines for Aleph & McGizmo Lights

PM replied. Thank you.

Your UV danger acknowledgement was so good, I am suggesting that others use it also. :thumbsup:

Hi DatiLED...

I`ll take two (2) of the UV light engines. PM has been sent.

I do understand the dangers of UV lights, and am prepared to protect myself and others regarding the same.

Thanks.

:)

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Nichia 365nm UV Light Engines for Aleph & McGizmo Lights

Temporary reduction. $100 if purchased before 11:59pm EST, July 4.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Temporary reduction. $100 if purchased before 11:59pm EST, July 4.
Incredible deal, considering the cost of the emitters alone !

Outstanding seller, too [emoji106]

I am tempted to get another one of these, given the price, even though I already have one .... Free bump :)

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are awesome LE's especially when paired with an Aleph19.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Latest posts