thnx for direction to go on head lamp

King Ghidora

Newly Enlightened
I've been using a headlamp for so long I can't remember but I broke the last one I had about 3 weeks ago. I used that thing for everything. I bought 4 of them so I could have the one I liked for a long time. It's a fairly old design by now obviously. It was 200 lumens so it wasn't too bad. It served my purpose. But then I learned about the new technologies here by lurking. I bought myself a Zebralight H600w Mk II based on the advice I found here. And all I can say is it's an entirely new experience and it's all good. Yes it's a little expensive for a flashlight but I expect it to last as long as the 4 plastic body models I bought before. There were so many points the old model had for problems that they just didn't last long. The latch for the battery compartment was the worst. The tab would break and then I couldn't keep battery power even though I had contact it apparently needed a lot of tension to keep it working. And a small plastic tab just wasn't enough to hold that tension for long. The H600w Mk II has no such problems. The only possible point I see for issues would be the switch. And the rest of the light is made so well I can't imagine that switch becoming a problem. It's a very well built light and the 18650 batteries are much lighter than the 4AA setup I had before and with more power to boot. I don't need the full power of the Zebralight very often but it's nice to have it available. Mostly I'm working on stuff close up so I would blind myself with the full power setting. Plus the heat would be a problem pretty quick. But it isn't a concern at all. There are plenty of power settings to choose from. I've already settled in to a good level for my work. It doesn't blind me when working on things close up but it lights up as well as I need.

It really is an excellent light and without this forum I wouldn't have known about it. I asked a salesman in Cabelas if they had flashlights and he of course tried to tell me how great Streamlight is. Wrong. He didn't even know what a Zebralight was. It's good to have a source of really good information. So thanks for the help.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using a headlamp for so long I can't remember but I broke the last one I had about 3 weeks ago. I used that thing for everything. I bought 4 of them so I could have the one I liked for a long time. It's a fairly old design by now obviously. It was 200 lumens so it wasn't too bad. It served my purpose. But then I learned about the new technologies here by lurking. I bought myself a Zebralight H600w Mk II based on the advice I found here. And all I can say is it's an entirely new experience and it's all good. Yes it's a little expensive for a flashlight but I expect it to last as long as the 4 plastic body models I bought before. There were so many points the old model had for problems that they just didn't last long. The latch for the battery compartment was the worst. The tab would break and then I couldn't keep battery power even though I had contact it apparently needed a lot of tension to keep it working. And a small plastic tab just wasn't enough to hold that tension for long. The H600w Mk II has no such problems. The only possible point I see for issues would be the switch. And the rest of the light is made so well I can't imagine that switch becoming a problem. It's a very well built light and the 18650 batteries are much lighter than the 4AA setup I had before and with more power to boot. I don't need the full power of the Zebralight very often but it's nice to have it available. Mostly I'm working on stuff close up so I would blind myself with the full power setting. Plus the heat would be a problem pretty quick. But it isn't a concern at all. There are plenty of power settings to choose from. I've already settled in to a good level for my work. It doesn't blind me when working on things close up but it lights up as well as I need.

It really is an excellent light and without this forum I wouldn't have known about it. I asked a salesman in Cabelas if they had flashlights and he of course tried to tell me how great Streamlight is. Wrong. He didn't even know what a Zebralight was. It's good to have a source of really good information. So thanks for the help.

I love the Streamlights that I have so I guess Noob is wrong too.

And Welcome.