Have i missed something re: weapon mounted lights ?

TOWFLYER

Newly Enlightened
First off great forum.

There is literally a life times worth of knowledge and opportunity here.
However I did not see any available sub discussion on weapon mounted lights.
I realize this is not a firearms forum but I thought there would be discussion that focused on WPL's.

Did I miss it or is it just not here?

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Have i missed something?

I don't ever recall a seperate discussion here for weaponlights per se, I would think you'd find a wealth of information by using the CPF search and look for specific make/model, names. Plenty of info here. Not sure which you're looking for, but Malkoff Devices makes a bunch of different forend lights, and is of fantastic quality, customer service, and reputation. Welcome to the forum! :)

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened

CPF doesn't condone the use of flashlights AS weapons... mounting a light ONTO a weapon may be crossing into grey zone territory along those same lines in the eyes of the Administration here.

But I too have not noticed and don't recall there being such a sub-forum. May want to try over at Defensivecarry.com

Kestrel

Flashaholic

... mounting a light ONTO a weapon may be crossing into grey zone territory along those same lines in the eyes of the Administration here.
Just a FYI, here are no issues with this at all and we freely encourage the above discussions.
A good search will find a number of threads along these lines and there have been hardly any issues.

With regards to a dedicated subforum, there hasn't really been the need for this as a number of existing, standalone flashlights can do well for this application.
Surefire and other manufacturers do make dedicated weapon lights, which have been also discussed in a number of threads in /General/ or /LED Flashlights/. Best of luck,

Edit: I have renamed the thread title for the OP to better clarify the topic.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened

Well, that's good to know.

So there we are.

TOWFLYER

Newly Enlightened

I don't ever recall a seperate discussion here for weaponlights per se, I would think you'd find a wealth of information by using the CPF search and look for specific make/model, names. Plenty of info here. Not sure which you're looking for, but Malkoff Devices makes a bunch of different forend lights, and is of fantastic quality, customer service, and reputation. Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for your reply and info.

TOWFLYER

Newly Enlightened

CPF doesn't condone the use of flashlights AS weapons... mounting a light ONTO a weapon may be crossing into grey zone territory along those same lines in the eyes of the Administration here.

But I too have not noticed and don't recall there being such a sub-forum. May want to try over at Defensivecarry.com

First and foremost let me be very clear that I am NOT in any way trying to bring the discussion of weapons of any kind to this forum.
I was only trying to make use of the vast technical knowledge that is here at CPF.

Second I am already a member in good standing at Defensive Carry..........this.is.me branching out.

Third.........and this is the reality check part ,many of the lights discussed here are used by armed proffesionals,legaly armed citizens and armed sportsmen/women every day to make sure all those weapons are employed correctly in darkness.

Ok soap box is now tinder for the campfire.

Take note that I will be very happy to proceed here at CPF without a WML sub forum obviously there is plenty of substance in this forum.

TOWFLYER

Newly Enlightened

Just a FYI, here are no issues with this at all and we freely encourage the above discussions.
A good search will find a number of threads along these lines and there have been hardly any issues.

With regards to a dedicated subforum, there hasn't really been the need for this as a number of existing, standalone flashlights can do well for this application.
Surefire and other manufacturers do make dedicated weapon lights, which have been also discussed in a number of threads in /General/ or /LED Flashlights/. Best of luck,

Edit: I have renamed the thread title for the OP to better clarify the topic.

Thank you for your response.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

While there isn't enough activity to warrant a separate subforum for weapon lights, the topic does come up regularly. If you'd like to discuss weapon lights, feel free to start a thread. We'd love to talk with ya.

I'm personally in the middle of installing a new mount on my shotty.

:welcome:

TOWFLYER

Newly Enlightened

While there isn't enough activity to warrant a separate subforum for weapon lights, the topic does come up regularly. If you'd like to discuss weapon lights, feel free to start a thread. We'd love to talk with ya.

I'm personally in the middle of installing a new mount on my shotty.

Cool.

I had a Sreamlight TRL3 mounted on tac Remington 870 pump with magpul furniture the setup is great but the rail mount on the light is getting chewed up .
I would like to go with an Inforce light but this would change the setup,so I have some things to sort out before I spend money on another light.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool.

I had a Sreamlight TRL3 mounted on tac Remington 870 pump with magpul furniture the setup is great but the rail mount on the light is getting chewed up .
I would like to go with an Inforce light but this would change the setup,so I have some things to sort out before I spend money on another light.

MALKOFF DEVICES.

Trust me.