Not pleased with my Photon II

D

**DONOTDELETE**

OK. My first Photon II was blue. Very bright even light. I loved it.

Then, I ordered "green". Loved that one too. Almost as bright as blue. But very nice.

Then, I got the Turchoise. Very bright. Nice color. Useful in the dark.

I just received my "white" one today and it appears to be not as bright as I expected AND as bright as a lot of posts have suggested.

It's a very narrow beam with almost a purplish spot in the middle. Almost not useful (to me). I immediately put two brand new batteries in it and still the same thing.

I don't know. Maybe my expectations were to high.

Overall it's bright for it's size. But, not quite what I expected.

Just curious. Hasanyone else experienced the same.

PS: I love Photons and LED's. So, this is in no way a complaint of the product.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there are two types of White Photon II's. Old and new. The new one has the narrow beam. I have an old one and it is satisfactory. Especially when my eyes are fully adjusted to the dark.

BTW you can make your green one brighter by switching from single battery to two batteries.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
I think there are two types of White Photon II's. Old and new. The new one has the narrow beam. I have an old one and it is satisfactory.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have one of each. The older, wide-angle model works best if you are already at least slightly adjusted to the dark (a few seconds to a minute, depending on the individual), but the narrow one is bright enough to use without waiting.

The new Photon uses a Nichia NSPB500BS, with a 20° beam and often has a bluish center.
The older, wide angle Photon uses a NSPW510BS, which has a 50° beam with a noticeable, baby blue ring present inside the main beam.

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

------------------

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it's a matter of what you're used to. For me, the new narrow Photon II is great, because like Telephony said you're eye's don't have to adjust. And since the new version has a very significant secondary beam, there is still plenty of light outside of the center focus.

RonM

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the batt`s might be low or if you could have gotten ahold of one that`s just not 100%.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send it back with a letter. Ask for a new one.

Blades