Screwing and unscrewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzel87

Enlightened
So I've been thinking and I realise that I have a funny habit after I got into flashlights. Most of the time when I have a flashlight in my hand I tend to unconsciously unscrew and screw back the tailcap/head for no apparent reason at all. There's just this satisfaction of feeling the smooth threads moving together....I can do this for at least 5 minutes (and maybe more) without realising.

I guess this was also how I sorta ruined my new G3 head threads...1st 2 lines got cross threaded the day I bought it.

Anyone else doing the same thing or is it just me? :laughing:

On another point, anyone know how to fix cross threaded threads on nitrolon bodies?, it can still screw on squarely but only after a few tries and "feeling" the movement for the perfect alignment.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol Given the lack of responses, I'd say, it's just you. :p I suggest a type III anodized light with square cut threads for your condition. :)

xzel87

Enlightened
Oh well, still too soon to tell haha...with the different time zones and all or people at work (like me, but I have free time).

Fortunately most of my lights have anodized threads or stainless, so they won't wear out soon, it was just the G3 nitrolon that got ruined a little.

And to answer the question in your sig eebowler, I wash my feet everytime I take a shower, otherwise it's gonna smell like dead fish when I wear leather shoes.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've been thinking and I realise that I have a funny habit after I got into flashlights. Most of the time when I have a flashlight in my hand I tend to unconsciously unscrew and screw back the tailcap/head for no apparent reason at all. There's just this satisfaction of feeling the smooth threads moving together....I can do this for at least 5 minutes (and maybe more) without realising.

I guess this was also how I sorta ruined my new G3 head threads...1st 2 lines got cross threaded the day I bought it.

Anyone else doing the same thing or is it just me? :laughing:

On another point, anyone know how to fix cross threaded threads on nitrolon bodies?, it can still screw on squarely but only after a few tries and "feeling" the movement for the perfect alignment.

Can't help you with the threads, but for you, I prescribe Ritalin.

xzel87

Enlightened
Sorry Bill..

But seriously no one else?, I would say this is a part of appreciating well machined, good quality threads...

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I can appreciate your condition! For me, when ever I'm relaxing, watching some TV, I like
to fondle my lights. Twirl them in my fingers, click them On, click them Off! Twirl some more.

Nick

xzel87

Enlightened
I can appreciate your condition! For me, when ever I'm relaxing, watching some TV, I like
to fondle my lights. Twirl them in my fingers, click them On, click them Off! Twirl some more.

Nick

Aside from the screwing and unscrewing of heads/tailcaps this is also what I do a lot!... when doing work with lots of thinking required more often than not I find myself twirling on in my hand and clicking it on and off too. Lights with nice knurling feels best for this and lengthwise 6P'ish to 9P'ish for me is the ideal length for twirling.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a habit of rubbing my fingers on the knurling while watching tv. So far, I haven't suffered any negative side effects.

xzel87

Enlightened
Sincerest apologies Kestrel, the thread/question has run its course I guess, and apparently I'm the only one doing this :crackup:

I suppose it will pass with time, getting into knurling rubbing now.

Please close the thread anytime and thanks for the input everyone :wave:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Sincerest apologies Kestrel, the thread/question has run its course I guess, and apparently I'm the only one doing this :crackup:

I suppose it will pass with time, getting into knurling rubbing now.

Please close the thread anytime and thanks for the input everyone :wave:
No worries sir, a well-meaning thread with a title&subject having an unfortunate dual meaning in English. :eek:
Best regards, :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.