18650 headlamp w/red led?

Evan III

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

You guys always have great recommendations for me and was hoping you could help me out again. I'm looking for a bombproof 18650 headlamp with good run times and a red LED. Seems like there are only a few options for this combo but I hope I'm missing some options. Use information is I need a good light for search and rescue work but I need a red LED for use around NVG's and choppers. I don't really want multiple colors as it's just more stuff to flip through. Run times and output are key features. Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NiteCore HC90 has a red LED. It also has a blue and a green LED.

I love this headlamp. To tell you the truth, one will best appreciate the headlamp when they turn the lamp off, not when they turn the light on.

Hope the above helps.

xxwarderxx

Newly Enlightened
I would say the Nitecore HC50 may also be worth a look. I'm actually considering both the HC50 (red only, no slider) and the HC90 (red, green, blue, and slider) now.

Looks as though the HC50 can be had for a good amount less as well.

Parrot,
Is your comment directed at the comfort of the headlamp?

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my HC50 but the headband has too much stretch. I replaced it with a Zebralight headband and it's great.

Last edited:

paubin

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried out the HC50 and HC90? What was your experience?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650 Headlamp W/Red LED?

Has anyone tried out the HC50 and HC90? What was your experience?

I have a Nitecore HC90. I use it almost every day. Last night I used it for a nighttime horseback ride. It is a great headlmap. I don't use the jockstrap headband, though. Mine is attached to the strap of my baseball cap. Anyway, what would you like to know?

SinagAraw

Newly Enlightened
Re: 18650 Headlamp W/Red LED?

I have a Nitecore HC90. I use it almost every day. Last night I used it for a nighttime horseback ride. It is a great headlmap. I don't use the jockstrap headband, though. Mine is attached to the strap of my baseball cap. Anyway, what would you like to know?

I don't have this headlamp but by looking at it on their site. I think the slider switch/mode could easily catch a lot of mud, dust and sand. Have you experienced it?

Thank you...

Ambiorix

Newly Enlightened
Re: 18650 Headlamp W/Red LED?

I recently bought the Fenix HL60R. Meets all your criteria...