Fenix E25....help please!!

Ladybug

Newly Enlightened
I inherited all of my dad's flashlights and believe me that's allot!!! Anyway the one I found that I really liked is the fenix E25 flashlight. I know it takes 2 AA batteries but my issue is that I cannot seem to get the batteries in right. If I put them +side down then I can get the top to access back on but the light doesn't turn on. If I put them in +side up I cannot get the top to screw back on.... Help please!!! Is my light bulb maybe dead or am I doing something totally wrong???

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry you had to get lights this way. Unscrew both the tail cap and head and wipe off the contacts with rubbing alcohol. Let it dry and then put it back together. Make sure to wipe off the ends of the battery tube because contact is made there as well. Get a fresh set of batteries and install them with the positive end towards the led (bulb) and see what happens. I'm not particularly familiar with the details of that light but the Fenixs I do have are very reliable. If you can't get it to work call fenix outfitters and they can help you with more detailed info.

PartyPete

Enlightened
On the E25 both batteries go in + side up. The head of the top battery should only stick up slightly. Twist the top of the light on clockwise and it should "stop" after several turns.

Also, the switch has to be held down for about 1/2 second before it turns on. Just a quick click doesn't turn it on.

Make sure the O ring is seated properly. The threads are pretty smooth, so it should tighten easily unless they are really chewed.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I'll bet PartyPete nailed it with the information about having to hold down the button for longer than you might expect for the light to turn on or off.

One other thing I've run into with mine is that greasy threads can keep it from working. What happens is that I put on the small amount of grease I normally use, notice the light doesn't work, and then take as much of it back off as I can get with my finger.

In my opinion, it's only the PD35 that keeps the E25 from being the best light you can get.

Edit: By the way, I'd use Eneloop or Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries instead of alkaline batteries. They last longer and don't leak. I've got a new pack of Eneloops waiting, but it appears that the Ultimates that are in there are going to outlive me.

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened
It's gotta be not holding the switch down long enough. I think there was a couple reviews on Amazon where people had this problem, almost returned the light...and then looked at the instructions. [emoji1]

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's gotta be not holding the switch down long enough. I think there was a couple reviews on Amazon where people had this problem, almost returned the light...and then looked at the instructions. [emoji1]

This will disappear soon enough. It's rather annoying. I think it was an attempt to keep the switch accessible....while avoiding accidental activation. Sinking the switch would have been much more popular and easier to find. I loved the beam, but on the nightstand useless for about 3 minutes while you locate the switch.

PartyPete

Enlightened
If Fenix was really sold on a side switch, all of them should glow in the dark or be at least less flush with the body.

It's not very instinctive when operating in the dark.