Sunwayman V10r Ti+ or Alternative?

pcfranchina

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I am not much of a flashlight collector but I do have my share of flashlights from most of the big names (Fenix, Nitecore, Zebralight, Surefire and Sunwayman). My current edc light is a Nitecore MTA1. I was just about to pull the trigger and upgrade and treat myself to a Sunwayman V10r ti+. I have been wanting one for quite some time and they don't seem as readily available as they used to.... During my quick research I see people saying they aren't worth it and some saying they are the best thing since sliced bread. This would be my most costly flashlight and would hate to be disappointed. Any insight or alternative?

Thanks so much in advance!

akhyar

Enlightened
Alternative?
If you wanna stick to titanium light with single CR123 size like the V10r, maybe the newer EagTac D25C clicky? Or Sunwayman M11R Ti Dream if you can still find it, as it comes pre-installed with 6 trit vials for the bling-bling factor?
For me, I'd would wait for Olight S1 Baton as it is only 61mm in length and I believed will be more easy to carry or slip into jeans pocket as an EDC light. My current EDC is M11R, but at 75mm length, sometimes it just not small or short enough to put it inside my jeans pocket

pcfranchina

Newly Enlightened
My original plan was the V10r Ti+ with the AA extender. I have a Sunwayman V11r Mirage so I assumed the V10r Ti would be a nice upgrade and I was hoping for a screwed in clip. The Dream is nice looking and still a possibility as is the Sunwayman C25C.....although I'm not a Game of Thrones fan.

Last edited:

pcfranchina

Newly Enlightened
The V10r Ti is actually fully discontinued in most retailers. The EagleTac doesn't seem as fancy. I don't see too many options in that price range.... After that, the price jumps pretty high.

akhyar

Enlightened
Actually, how much are you willing to spend? The V10r Ti has been discontinued for quite some time and not many stores still have them in stock.
Other alternatives with not so astronomical prices that I can think of are Jetbeam's TCR-10 or TCR-20.
If both still not to your fancy, there's always the custom McGizmo, second-hand Mac, Sinner, etc [emoji16]

pcfranchina

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam is just about the top of my budget. Looks real nice and can be fitted with trits too. Looks like that may be my way to go!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My original plan was the V10r Ti+ with the AA extender. I have a Sunwayman V11r Mirage so I assumed the V10r Ti would be a nice upgrade and I was hoping for a screwed in clip. The Dream is nice looking and still a possibility as is the Sunwayman C25C.....although I'm not a Game of Thrones fan.

Get it if you want a nice looking light. I had a tan V10R, which died after a year and they sent me the V11R XM-L U2 for free. I then bought a tan M11R and the EagleTac D25C Ti. clicky ('14) and that last light is pretty flexible and easy to change between the two groups.

Apart from the gazillion blinky modes, it really does have a flexible output range for most practical purposes, especially running an AW IMR 16340. It's a smart looking light, as well and at $75ish, it didn't break the bank.

Illumination dot com has the standard XM-L2 U2 V11R and extender tube on sale for $39.99 and $9.99 before shipping, if you want to forego the titanium construction. I picked up my second V11R and two AA extender tubes last month, just based on how good a deal it was, lol.

Chris

pcfranchina

Newly Enlightened
I actually have a V11R Mirage with ext tube. Honestly I had higher hopes for the looks of the light.

pcfranchina

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for the input. Done deal! I got a Jetbeam TCR20 (10% off) and did pick up black Sunwayman v11R and extender.