• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MM15MBvn - Original Pop Can Light

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
YES! An update to the was dying popcan light! I have not used my mm15vn in over 8 months. I'm hoping I can send mine in for this upgrade.
im curious to know what kinda emitters your using to push this kind of output in a 2 emitter light?! Only thing is xhp70. But even then, I think it's pushing it.

But the main concern is the heat. The regular mm15vn got very hot very fast already.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time I used my stock MM15 was twenty minutes ago. The MM15MB comes factory equipped with two XHP70 emitters. 6800 lumens.

Neutral white = minus some percentage of lumens. Plus some lumens, modified by Vinh. MM15MBvn nw = I would guess that would be about ? lumens.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I like the noticeably faster UI response now. The top is now black. Bright is always a plus.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh boy, well now I'm seriously conflicted.

Was going to get the MM18vn after my next commission check, but now I'm very torn, seeing as the MM15vn is my go to medium range light.

Eagerly awaiting results.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am busy getting immediate orders out so I have not been on here much. This light is already to go and I sitllhave not gotten time for bean shots. 4 days trip set me back LOL

gofastman

Enlightened
Oh boy, well now I'm seriously conflicted.

Was going to get the MM18vn after my next commission check, but now I'm very torn, seeing as the MM15vn is my go to medium range light.

Eagerly awaiting results.

I don't have an MM15, but I can tell you you will not be disappointed with the MM18vn. It's just awesome, it may not be the ultimate "shock and awe" but it's dang bright and super useful

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Post 1 updated! 9000 Max OTF is incredibly bright for a light this size!!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
MM15vn conversion to DriverVNX2 is a success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That light needs it bad! LOL

Never seen MTG2s so bright before! MM15MBvn + DriverVNX2 with the 70 will KICK ***!!!

I'm excited about what "KICK ***!!!" specifically looks like for the MM15MBVn, when the DriverVNX2 is added to the picture. I'm gonna guess that 10,000 lumens is the maximum possible from MM15MBvn + DriverVNX2 with the 2 x XHP70, because 5000 lumens is the max from a single XHP70.

MM15MBVN is now 9,000 lumens without the DriverVNX2, so can the DriverVNX2 add 10% more lumens? This would get the MM15MBvn closer to the TN36UTVN, in a nice, shorter length package.

Well, anyway, there is no "help me choose" section in this subforum, and because the M43VN XPL pdtc is so super awesome, its successor is not so obvious. I am spending lots of sleeping time meditating about choosing one from this list of four: K60vn, MM15MBvn, TN36UTvn, and the TK75vnQ XHP70 DriverVNX2.

The first has best throw in a large package, the second has much more lumens in a nice, tidy, appealing package; the third has some more lumens in a slightly longer package, and the fourth has the most lumens in a large package, with better throw than the second and third.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm excited about what "KICK ***!!!" specifically looks like for the MM15MBVn, when the DriverVNX2 is added to the picture. I'm gonna guess that 10,000 lumens is the maximum possible from MM15MBvn + DriverVNX2 with the 2 x XHP70, because 5000 lumens is the max from a single XHP70. Hard to guess but I sure like the UI more. I will build one sooner or later.

MM15MBVN is now 9,000 lumens without the DriverVNX2, so can the DriverVNX2 add 10% more lumens? I think output will be quite similar. At least visually

This would get the
MM15MBvn closer to the TN36UTVN, in a nice, shorter length package. HOtter too LOL

Well, anyway, there is no "help me choose" section in this subforum, and because the M43VN XPL pdtc is so super awesome, its successor is not so obvious. I am spending lots of sleeping time meditating about choosing one from this list of four: K60vn, MM15MBvn, TN36UTvn, and the TK75vnQ XHP70 DriverVNX2. From this list I like the TN36UTvn most and then K60vn after. Tk75vnQ70 is too expensive and MM15MBvn is not as small as M43vn

The first has best throw in a large package, the second has much more lumens in a nice, tidy, appealing package; the third has some more lumens in a slightly longer package, and the fourth has the most lumens in a large package, with better throw than the second and third.