Anything like the Nitecore D4 without current splitting and more charge banks?

berfles

Newly Enlightened
I currently have an X60vn that takes 6x18650s. Is there another charger out there that has the capability of charging them all at once and without splitting the charge rate between them? Right now I've been using the D4 and my Pila charger (4 in the D4 at 350mAH and 2 in the Pila at 600mAH) but since the D4 is so cheap I was thinking of just buying a second one and putting two in each charger, thus running three chargers at once. Does this make sense or is there another charger that will do all this?

berfles

Newly Enlightened
That one seems way overkill in terms of bells and whistles (OLED screen, apps to monitor status while away). I'll probably just go with another D4 or i4, I was reading about Opus chargers but apparently they have some overheating issues.

markr6

Flashaholic
That Efest LUC6 can be had for about $50. I don't know what the deal is with the F-stop place. Everything is 3x the price. $99 flashlights selling for $250-300. Pass on that.

For me, I like having ONE charger do all the "paired" cells. One light, one set of cells, one charger all at the same time. I think that's a bit paranoid, but that's me.

I guess 3, D4 chargers would be the easiest and least expensive if you need the charge/voltage on screen.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess 3, D4 chargers would be the easiest and least expensive if you need the charge/voltage on screen.

No need for three D4 chargers unless you are attempting to charge at .75 amps by using bays one and three.

I charge 8 batteries at a time using two D4 chargers for my Fenix lights that use the extended run time kits. Once the batteries terminate on the D4, I swap them to the second D4 charger and allow one more mini cycle.

From checking the voltages after charging, all eight of the 3400 mAH Panasonic batteries show 4.19 volts.

If you want to use three chargers, purchase the D2 charger or the Xtra charger. Illumination Supply has the D2 charger listed at $13.99 each for registered users.

berfles

Newly Enlightened
No need for three D4 chargers unless you are attempting to charge at .75 amps by using bays one and three.

I charge 8 batteries at a time using two D4 chargers for my Fenix lights that use the extended run time kits. Once the batteries terminate on the D4, I swap them to the second D4 charger and allow one more mini cycle.

From checking the voltages after charging, all eight of the 3400 mAH Panasonic batteries show 4.19 volts.

If you want to use three chargers, purchase the D2 charger or the Xtra charger. Illumination Supply has the D2 charger listed at $13.99 each for registered users.

I'd only be getting an additional D4, the Pila works fine and charges to 4.2v with 600mAH so it's fast enough. I read about that only bays one and three being 750mAH but the first two show as charging at that when I have two batteries in. I just wish they made a D6 that didn't share amps between each bay so they all get 750mAH, still seems like my best solution is one more D4 so I have 2x D4, 2x D4, and 2x Pila.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd only be getting an additional D4, the Pila works fine and charges to 4.2v with 600mAH so it's fast enough. I read about that only bays one and three being 750mAH but the first two show as charging at that when I have two batteries in. I just wish they made a D6 that didn't share amps between each bay so they all get 750mAH, still seems like my best solution is one more D4 so I have 2x D4, 2x D4, and 2x Pila.

I will say that the D4 does do a good job of balancing all of the batteries.

I think you've somewhat confused something I've written.

I charge four batteries in each of my chargers. Once they've completed, I remove them from the first charger and hit them a second time on the other charger. That way they all receive the same treatment. One of my D4 chargers terminates a little low. Once the batteries makes the round to the second charger, the low termination doesn't come back.

I've verified the voltage using a VOM, so whatever I'm doing is working.

thslw8jg

Enlightened
Check out the enova 8 bay charger at Mountain Electronics. It has 8 independent charging channels and HKJ has done a review on this charger.

ven

Flashaholic
Xtar wp6 II is not a bad option, I have had mine a good while now and never missed a bea...charge!

Pretty cheap,does the job well,not the fastest charger.....not the slowest either!

For $60 you could buy 2x opus BT c3100v2.2 chargers ,excellent charger for the money and very flexible with refresh modes and 1a x4 bays or up to 2a on bays 1+4 . You would have a total of 8 individual bays ,so could even charge Nimh at the same time or smaller cells in the remaining 2 bays......just a thought.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three I4 chargers, two Xtar VP2 chargers, and I just ordered a Xtar VC2 Master Plus for solar and USB charging. My biggest light takes four 18650 and I like to use the same charger and batteries for a particular light I use. I also check voltage and battery load with a ZTS Load Battery Tester.

akhyar

Enlightened
That Efest LUC6 can be had for about $50. I don't know what the deal is with the F-stop place. Everything is 3x the price. $99 flashlights selling for $250-300. Pass on that.

For me, I like having ONE charger do all the "paired" cells. One light, one set of cells, one charger all at the same time. I think that's a bit paranoid, but that's me.

Oh! Forgot to mention, the price quoted in F-stop website is in Singapore $, not US$.
As it stands, US$1 = S$1.41, hence the whopping retail prices to American customers if they compare the prices, say to Amazon prices.

Last edited: