Malkoff MDC XP-L

bnut

Newly Enlightened
I have searched, but have not found a review for the MDC XP-L. It has a Li-ion rechargeable, but also will take two CR123s.

In a previous post, my Jetbeam was dropped from about 3 feet and went poof. I have been unable to get customer service, so I am looking to upgrade to a light with better durability and customer service, preferably here in the USA.

The XP-L seems to meet my need for popping in new batteries when I am in a remote location and the rechargeable runs out.

Any review of the XP-L or feedback is appreciated, before I spend a chunk of money.

bnut

Newly Enlightened
Is this particular Malkoff offering to new? To pricey for most? Are there any Malkoff owners that would opine on this light?

thanks

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recall reading much, if any, info here on the XP-L version, even in the Malkoff threads.

bnut

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, nothing to be found about the XP-L in any of the threads here, and no feedback from recent customers at the Malkoff website.

Maybe someone has one and will comment.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What specific info do you want to learn?

The only real difference between it and the other versions, including the XP-G2 neutral one I've got that runs happily from a single Li-Ion or two CR123s, is the LED.

bnut

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I decided to give Mr. Malkoff a try with one of his MDCs. Also picked up his drop in conversion for a 2D Maglite. The Maglite may have been an okay light when I bought it 30 years ago, but in comparison to technology today, it is pretty wimpy.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff is awesome. Have all 3 Mag drop ins for the D cell sizes. All 3 are awesome and wont go poof. I use my 4 D black Mag with the 700+ OTF lumen drop in it is awesome and run time is phenomenal. Malkoff CS is incredible not only will they take care of you Gene Malkoffs own wife may take care of you. Love the invoices I got with my drop ins all signed by Mrs. Malkoff.