Is there a light the size of the E2+ but....

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I now have an E2E modified to fit the 120 Lumen (P61) lamp, and love it. But, I wonder if there is another light out there the same size of smaller that is brighter than this?? Any ideas?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it. 120 lumens from the E2e package (well 1/8 of an inch bigger) is pretty darn impressive.

More light will equal more size now. I can see a custom extender to run the E2e at three cells, so E3e with a P91. Is that even possible? 200 lumens from something thats an inch longer, well around there.

For now, unless you have a light that was dropped by a UFO that is the size of a Arc AAA and outputs 1000 lumens, you are stuck with the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
Ho Hum. Guess I'll keep a look out for UFO's!

Thanks for the replies.

Sharp

Enlightened
Isn't there some kind of "step up circuit for incandescence," so that voltage jumps from 6 V to 9V? This way, a P91 could be fitted in a normal E2e with the necessary modding.

Just wondering...

Richard

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
X3T PR would come pretty close. Mine is easily brighter than a P61. Problem is actually finding one that someone is willing to part with.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JasonC8301 said:
...I can see a custom extender to run the E2e at three cells, so E3e with a P91. Is that even possible? 200 lumens ...

[/ QUOTE ]

The "E3E/P91" does exist in the form of a UBH 3x123's with the same modified E2E bezel and P91. I have both lights and the E3E/P91 spends most time in the drawer but I do carry the E2E+ from time to time. It is a more practical light becaue the E3E/P91 overheats very quickly and is significantly longer. Both lights cause amazed reactions because people can't reconcile their tiny size with their gigantic output. IMO the E2E+ is viable as a brilliant if short burning EDC.

Brightnorm