Sunwayman V11R has become a strobe light

Kman314

Newly Enlightened
I have a Sunwayman V11R U2 that I purchased back in April. I carry almost every day. It gets used probably no more that 5 - 10 minutes per week. It is well taken care of and not abused. Recently, the light has started to "strobe" near the brightest setting. After backing the magnetic ring back down, the flashing stops. Any ideas of what may be going on?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
"strobe" near the brightest setting. After backing the magnetic ring back down, the flashing stops. Any ideas of what may be going on?

Hi, its worth checking your battery quality, cheaper batteries cannot handle the drain and cause problems. What are you using, fyi I used aw rcr123s in my nitecore ife1 but found it better on aw imr123.

Kman314

Newly Enlightened
Right now it's got the EdisonBright CR123A that came with the light. I'll try a new battery when I get home tonight.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
All my V 10 and 11 serials of Sunwayman "strobish" wen the battery is exhausting. You only have to less the level of the output and it will not blink, until the battery can not keep the output again, then again it will blink, etc, etc, until you install a new battery or recharge it.

LedTed

Enlightened
I can't help you, but I can share a similar story.

A C10A became strobe only after it took a single drop, to linoleum, at about 2ft.

ganymede

Enlightened
All my V 10 and 11 serials of Sunwayman "strobish" wen the battery is exhausting. You only have to less the level of the output and it will not blink, until the battery can not keep the output again, then again it will blink, etc, etc, until you install a new battery or recharge it.

^this! My V11R strobe as well when the cell is near exhaustion.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a fellow V11R owner I can confirm that the strobing is indeed the flashlights way of telling you to change batteries.