Any current controlled 1xAAA XP-L?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting one of the new FourSevens Preon Ones but the fact that their still PWM really bugs me. Are there any little AAA lights out there with the new CREE LEDs in them that are current controlled?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Thrunite TI TI Titanium Christmas 2014 version is CC. I have one. It is a nice light. I do not see any PWM. They can still be purchased at various places. I have the Neutral XP-L version.

Last edited:

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I did just find the Thrunite. Is there a reason there isn't more AAA lights with the XP-L? Is there not much of a gain?

Enlightened
I did just find the Thrunite. Is there a reason there isn't more AAA lights with the XP-L? Is there not much of a gain?
1xAAA can't really drive XM-L2 or XP-L to the max so it's headroom is wasted. That's why you normally see XP-G2 or XP-E2 in these things.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't done any run times with my Thrunite Ti Ti XP-L, but it does put out a lot of light, and the LED looks huge inside the smallish bezel. I haven't had to recharge my Eneloop yet in almost a year, so I guess that is good.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Current Controlled Lumintop Tool Copper Nichia 219b available in group buy here.

--oops... you requested XP-L emitter... sorry for not paying close attention. Still, get the group buy Cu Tool.