Three mods by Orion w/ Pics, mostly beam shots.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I finally have some pictures to show to you all. These are three of my mods. All were taken at the same time, same light level, at the same wall.

1. Variable Output triple 3 watt LED with Tri-Fraen. Variable light output from about the output of a Pal Light [on lowest setting] to any triple 3 watt output using the Tri-Fraen.

First image is of the "McGuiver Assembly". Function not fashion.
f9da6e10.jpg

This is an image of the 'business end' at the lowest settings. One of the LEDs got damage, some of the phosphor came off, so it shines bluer. The other two are untouched. An interesting difference in color.
f9da7923.jpg

Full power shot. In person, it shines a little more white than this picture. Oh, the batteries are not at full power, so new batteries would increase the brightness some.
f9da781d.jpg

Next is a quick beam shot of my BlasterIII with no resistor and a SY0LW 3 watt LED. It actually looks better now. I have centered the LED and took the sheet of WriteRight off and it now throws a VERY good amount of light. Impressive. I'll try to retake a new shot, but until then:
f9da784c.jpg

Last but not least is my "Space Needle-ish" creation. A light green 2D Maglite using 5AA batteries and an X3T.
f9da6df2.jpg

And the beamshot:
f9da774e.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the first one had different colored glow powder. Blue, yellow and green. weird! What host is that? more details on the switching too!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I enjoyed the show.

Very interesting variable 3x3W.

Excellent improvement on the BIII.

Needlish to say that X3T is a can of whoop-ars photons even Mr. B. would like.

Aaaand you got a cool new avatar out of the deal to boot.

- Jeff

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isaac, the host is some cheap thin metal flashlight that was a simple 2D with a slide switch. That whole slide switch was taken out and the toggle switch and dimmer switch were attached with black electrical tape [hence, the "McGuiver" job]. The LEDs though do have different glows at the low power setting, which was very interesting, . . . . Aaaand a cool new avatar as well, as Icebreak said, and thank you for the compliment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The X3T did turn out well and I'm most pleased with it, though I was tempted to sell it for some extra money, but the wife said no, so I'm keeping it.

Anyway, I'm glad you all liked the pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Sometimes I REALLY don't understand women!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif