Beginner question about modding a P60 chassis with a UV LED

bkip

Newly Enlightened
Beginner here. I've been reading about flashlights here the past few days and would like to make a purchase. I have learned about the P60 format and have discovered two flashlights I have laying around should be able to a equip a P60 drop in; an Ultrafire WF501B and a Pelican M6. I would like to convert one of these flashlights to a 365nm UV. I work in the forensic field and these are older flashlights I have that I use as extreme backups and would like to convert to an edc 365nm to keep on my person. I have looked at the EagleTac T20C2 MKII - LED MODULE drop in but it's $70.

For a first timer, is there a cheaper option to use? I have read poor reviews of the LEDENGIN as it produces a great amount of visible light.

Second, as a first timer again, if I were to use the WF501B or M6, would I need to be concerned about the driver powering the LED?

Thank you and if there is a better place to post this please let me know.

bkip

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, I have actually looked at that product prior to starting this thread. Will that drop in be operable in the UF501B or the Pelican M6 without any additional modifications?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Kai Domain P60 in a WF501B. It's cheap and it is listed as 365nm. There isn't much visible light and simple to use. I removed the glass lens of 501b

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, I have actually looked at that product prior to starting this thread. Will that drop in be operable in the UF501B or the Pelican M6 without any additional modifications?
Put that in a P60 dropin & u are good to go..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Don't know if 390 is close enough, but Streamlight has one called 'multi-ops 3aaa that's around $50.

With a body switch it goes from uv to flashlight, to laser or flashlight/laser combo. Tail cap on/off switch.

Comes with a bezel up open top sheath that easily fits 2" belts and a lanyard.

And it is the brightest 50 lumen flashlight I've ever seen.

I use mine after preparing raw meat to ensure nothing was missed. But it was designed to find freon leaks. And that super bright pencil sized hot spot with laser combo creates quite the 50' blinder, with a red dot for a psycological advantage.

Last edited: