Malkoff MDC HA question

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these incoming and want to know, if I decide to run this light as a 2xAA is that going to be an issue? Can I just use the aa head ok the 2xAA body?? Doable or no? Is there another 2xaa that's I'll work with this head??

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you can with reservations.
From Malkoff site..

The input voltage is 0.8 - 1.7 volts. Input voltages of more than 1.7 volts may cause unstable operation of modes. Voltages of more than 3.3 volts may damage this flashlight.

2 x AA = 3v

P

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The heads have the voltage range printed right on them.

If you get the 1AA head then no you can not run it on 2AA.

If you get the 1-123 head then yes you can run that on 2AA as they put out about the same voltage as the single 123.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all. Appreciate the responses. Excited to try my first Malkoff. :)

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Straight from the horses mouth. Thank you sir! I'd better not get too ahead of myself before I've even handled one of your lights, but I fear I may be contacting you in the near future for something else. Mdc HA AA should be here in a few days.
The MDC 1CR123 head and the 2AA Head are identical in fit, form, and function.

Thanks,
Gene Malkoff

Gene43

Enlightened
You did mean MDC HA 2AA correct? The AA head is different.

Straight from the horses mouth. Thank you sir! I'd better not get too ahead of myself before I've even handled one of your lights, but I fear I may be contacting you in the near future for something else. Mdc HA AA should be here in a few days.