Getting the color right in through the hole 5mm LEDS

Raul McCai

Newly Enlightened
A few years ago I built a light bar for my entertainment room. It is about 8 feet long and is a single row of LEDS mostly yellow straw color and some light blue. It was the best I could figure to do to get a soft incandescent color. It's not ideal. The yellow os too string the blue insufficient and the effect is illumination but the color is all wrong.

This is some years later and I'm still trying to figure out how to get that 2700 Kelvin sweet-spot.
At best, the little 5mm LEDS I see use nanometer designation which is just a pure light wavelength. 2700 Kelvin is a range. So there's really no way to gte a LED rated for a nm to broadcast in 2700K - - - soooo ummm is there a range of LEDs that I might try to cluster to produce the desired light range that you know of

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong kind of LED. I don't want a lot of light. It's an entertainment room I want soft light.

TexLite

Enlightened
Found some HI CRI 5mm's by Yuji maybe they are close enough

Yuji manufactures top quality stuff, but their prices have increased substantially recently, see my post in the other Yuji thread for additional information.

As far as High CRI 5mm LED's in that color temp, Yuji is about your only choice for a quality, consistent product. I would however recommend looking into SMD strips for your application, they're relatively inexpensive, I've seen High CRI SMD strips in 5 meter length for sale for around $20 lately, couple that with a readily available dimmable driver and you'd be good to go. Yuji manufactures the SMD's too, but their price is much higher.

-Michael