ARMYTEK "NO HASSLE 10 YEAR WARRANTY"

cjmorris

Enlightened
I purchased 2 ARMYTEK Partner A1's to give as Christmas presents last December. They were a hit. Nice looking, bright and much higher quality than most people are familiar with. Last week I hear that one of them isn't working correctly. The light flashes off twice then it ramps down to a dim setting. I say no problem I will contact ARMYTEK for you.

Their website clearly states 10 year hassle free warranty. But when you try to find a way to send them a device for service there is nothing. So I send an email to [email protected]
They sent a response asking for a full description of batteries that are used in the light (energizer and duracell alkaline)
They asked me to clean and lube the threads(I already had)
They also wanted me to send them or post a video on youtube. You can find my video on youtube

It's been 5 days. They still haven't helped me. I still believe they will eventually remedy the problem. But hassle free... I don't think so.
So far this is very disappointing. I own other armytek lights, this is making me regret giving them my business.

I am curious what other peoples experience with armytek service has been like.

Last edited:

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
ARMYTEK "NO HASSLE 10 YEAR WARRANTY"

I assume you meant [email protected]. If not I'm not sure who took your response. Also when you say it doesn't work correctly. Just to make sure, did they replace the batteries, and if so what batteries did they use?

cjmorris

Enlightened
Re: ARMYTEK "NO HASSLE 10 YEAR WARRANTY"

Sorry that was a miss spell. It should be obvious they have responded. They did nothing. I replaced the batteries. I tried brand new energizer and duracell.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

cjmorris

Enlightened

That is my video. Maybe it's just me but it seems like the light needs service. I have the light in my hand right now with that same duracell and it blinks with the duracell now.
I thought the video request was strange. Why not just send them the light and their service dept. handle the light themselves. The phone number they post doesn't get answered, its just a message saying to email them. I don't want to make videos to receive warranty work. To me that is a "HASSLE"

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had no luck with Armytek's customer service until I repeatedly bashed them in their subforum. they finally contacted me and shortly after that (over a year after I had originally sent multiple emails to their service department). I never did send it in because they said it would take a minimum of one month, and I saw others claiming 2-3 months to get theirs back. Mine turned out not to be a defect, but instead was just false specs from Armytek. Good luck getting this sorted out.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
It is very strange for a company to request that you make a video and post it on youtube when you have a problem with a product that you need help with.
It should be sufficient that you descripe the problem in a mail or over the phone.

Some kind of troubleshooting is ok, like cleaning threads and contact points and maybe bypass the tailswitch with a paperclip, if that can help them ruel out problems easily fixed by yourself or if for instance the tailcap is the problem they can send you a new one without you sending the light in.

You shouldn't either need to be a member of an internet forum to communicate this to get help (even if may help us CPF members).

Not all customers have the ability to make videos, post on youtube or are forum members.

They should just deal with it - quickly and "hassle free"

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up!

ArmyTek, you're off my buy list for good. I've only ever had one and I was NOT impressed. From the sounds of it, it's a good thing I didn't need service!

One thing I'm sick to death of is Chinese companies promising the sky and delivering dirt.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
You shouldn't either need to be a member of an internet forum to communicate this to get help (even if may help us CPF members).

Not all customers have the ability to make videos, post on youtube or are forum members.

They should just deal with it - quickly and "hassle free"

My thoughts exactly.
The Partner A1 was on my radar. I'm glad I didn't end up getting it.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you wearing some tight leather pants in that video? lol

Seriously, it looks like it may have something to do with what battery you have selected. Do you have it set for a 14500 and not a AA? Looks like it is flashing the Two blinks to indicate you have it on 14500 mode when you are running a AA. If you haven't already, you may want to check that and report back?

It may be thinking the 14500 is low on voltage and that could be the ramping down?

EDIT: I have a C1 Pro. Love the light - after I learned MOST of the crazy UI features. That is where I remembered your 2 blink thing from. I had a similar thing.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously, it looks like it may have something to do with what battery you have selected. Do you have it set for a 14500 and not a AA? Looks like it is flashing the Two blinks to indicate you have it on 14500 mode when you are running a AA. If you haven't already, you may want to check that and report back?

It may be thinking the 14500 is low on voltage and that could be the ramping down?

There was no blink with the last of the 3 cells tested, as can be seen in the video.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on, I saw that. But mine did sorta the same. Some "new" SF 3.0 volt primaries worked fine, others didn't. Once I set the battery right I seemed to clear up. It is only a voltage indication feature. I don't remember mine ramping down though.

you forgot the TIGHT part! lol I couldn't resist the laugh. I can almost smell your couch through the interwebz!

cjmorris

Enlightened
When I made the video the Duracell didn't blink. But that same Duracell now blinks. It has never had 14500 cells in it. The light defiantly has issues not the cells.

cjmorris

Enlightened
I am not aware of standard vs 14500 mode... If that's all that's wrong I would love for armytek to contact me and explain.

cjmorris

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up!

ArmyTek, you're off my buy list for good. I've only ever had one and I was NOT impressed. From the sounds of it, it's a good thing I didn't need service!

One thing I'm sick to death of is Chinese companies promising the sky and delivering dirt.
I couldn't agree more. I am sticking with Malkoff for any new lights.

wensynch

Newly Enlightened
I've read other stories by folks that were asked to provide a video in response to a warrant claim. Can't remember which company though, but it wasn't Armytek. Think it was Olight.

Not so uncommon I guess.

I believe Armytek is a Canadian company, not Chinese.