Armytek V3.0 LE predator light flicker.

jamesEMT

Newly Enlightened
Trying to find some help with this light. Just got the limited edition version 3.0 predator. Been using it for awhile now and started to notice that the light was not turning on in the max mode with the head tightened. I did replace the batteries and that kind a helped. What its doing is when I turn it on for a split second it will turn on the max mode on the head tightened. But as soon as I let off the tail cap switch its like it drops to 50% of the output. When I switch it on and off a few times it will occasionally stay on in the max brightness setting. If that doesn't work I can take the battery out and put it back in and that will sometimes solve the problem. I checked the batteries and they are new with a full charge ( 3 eagletac 18650 3500 MaH all batts do work the same in this light. Other lights I don't have this problem). I'v tried to contact Armytek but I keep getting there answering machine. I'v also tried to email them but don't get a response.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have similar erratic behavior on my LE Predator, and I'm waiting for Armytek to release their XHP35 HI models so I can contact them and have them replace my light with the newer version.

Keep trying to contact the, and if possible use the Armytek subforum here, as their representatives browse it and could help you out.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
unscrew the light into its separate parts. Take a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some Q-tips and go over ALL the contact points then screw it back together see if that helps. My 3 V3 AT's came so slathered in Nyogel it interfered with the current path on one of the lights. Took care of that with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. Not a problem since. Also from what I have read Eagletac cells are always on the shorter side. Could simply be the cell is just a mm to short to always make full contact etc. I use Keeppower 3500mah in my 3 V3's they are long there is no connection issue. If all else fails contact the retailer you got the light from I am hoping you did not buy off the AT site as that would leave you stuck with chaotic instructions and nonsense on top of leaving you to eat the cost of shipping the light to China.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Armytek Predator Pro LE V3 XP-L HI and 12 x Eagletac 18650, 3500mAh 10A cells. These are good quality cells that are long and wide. I suspect the problem is with your light, as mine works well with shorter Efest IMR 18650 cells too.

Try cleaning everything first and if that doesn't work, then email the seller.

jamesEMT

Newly Enlightened
I'll try cleaning everything tonight. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place (must of been a brain fart). Thanks everyone I'll let you know how it goes.

On a side note how does everyone like the new V3 models? I just wish I could turn off the memory and could put the moonlight mood on the second line with out the strobe. That's the basic setup I had on the Predator X.

Also that square rim on the tail cap makes it a pain to make a kydex holster for it. I have to tape the entire light to the diameter of the rim just to get it to draw from the holster and then I get a small rattle. I'm trying to find a machinist locally that I can get to grind off the rim so the sides are smooth. Then I need to send it out to get cerikoted in black.

Last edited:

jamesEMT

Newly Enlightened
Just finished cleaning the threads and contact points and it didn't work. Still have the output drop about 70% of the time when I turn it on. This is starting to get frustrating. Called armytek again today and got the answering machine again around 10-11 am today (EST).