how to build a tiny flashlight-timelapse

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's very cool! How long is the overall build time when not sped up?

The whole sanding/polishing part was one of the neatest things I've seen for machining rounded edges.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, that is too awesome.
Anyone who asks "why would anyone pay XXXX for a custom flashlight?", they need to be directed to this video.

Thank you.

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I make about 15000 single pictures, every 2 seconds one picture, so its around 9 hours.

Best regards, Michael

nbp

Flashaholic
That was fascinating and incredible. Thanks so much for sharing! That is a beautiful light. :thumbsup:

Lot of work went into making a custom light, it helps, if you make a CAD file beforehand though! Great workmanship on that lathe!

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful light. It is cool to see how the curves were made without CNC. It looks like a lot of work but was worth it.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
very impressive! I like the fact that you used a dial caliper instead of a digital (I'm just an old fashioned engineer). :)

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Lot of work went into making a custom light, it helps, if you make a CAD file beforehand though! Great workmanship on that lathe!

thanks for the great response :)

i did a CAD file before, its really helpfull, but needs a lot of time to create it.

MRsDNF

Newly Enlightened
Wow. RC-Lights, that would have to be the best video on machining a light I've seen. l could of watched the nine hour version. Is there any chance you could post some pictures of of this creation of yours?