Best place to get Super bright 5mm LEDs.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I am working on a mag conversion (I am using 9 5000 mcd LEDS ,well actually 8 cause I ran out and maybe go up to 12-14 LED's)

but want more...

I want 10,000+mcd LED's about 20 or so.

would I be ok getting them here?
Ebay auction for LEDs

www.superbrightleds.com

or a vendor here?

I want best quality and then best price.

and then where would I get more bulk cheapest and then hand select the best.

chalo

Newly Enlightened
I have bought white and blue LEDs in quantity 100 from this seller:

BestHongKong

Although I bought on eBay, the prices appear to be roughly the same on the website when shipping is included (e.g. 100 for $25 postage paid/$15 plus $10 shipping/$5 plus $20 shipping).

In quantity 100, BestHongKong sells 10K mcd white LEDs for $.25 each, shipped. In quantity 10 they're more like $.80 each including shipping.

They are roughly equal to the best other 5mm white LEDs I own in brightness and color. Driven by a lithium ion cell at 4.09V, the color, hotspot size, and intensity match my CMG Infinity Ultra-G. At that voltage they're somewhat overdriven at 54mA. They throw a bright ring at about 50 to 60 degrees from center, which is most noticeable when the LED is very close to what it's illuminating.

There are probably slightly brighter 5mm white LEDs to be had, but these are far and away the most white LED light per dollar I have been able to buy.

Chalo Colina

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best to be careful with the specs. It's easy to get a very high mcd rating at the expense of narrow beam angle.

As to where to buy, that's a tough one. I've used (and can recommend) superbrightleds, amongst others.

Doug Owen

paulr

Flashaholic
lsdiodes is a nice little site. I'd seen it before but I just ordered some leds for the first time. I like that the shipping charge is just $2 on small orders. I ordered $3 worth of leds and a 10 cent standoff, so the whole order came to $5.10. Can't go wrong.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I'm looking for very narrow beam (5 in the center 15-25 degrees)

then I will use about 9 ringing the outside with 34+ degrees Led's

I'm gonna try overdriving them slightly as well.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I went ahead and ordered 50 10,000 mcd's from besthongkong.com

I couldnt actually see where they were 20 degree bulbs but what the hey 14 for 50 LEDs is hard to beat I'll use em for other projects if they dont work out...

But will the LED's from LED supply be the best?
ie. worth the price?

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
so are the ledsupply LED's nichia....

LED supply say "we can't divuldge the brand of our LED's" I said OK well I guess I wont divuldge the number on my credit card...