Acebeam EC50 at a store near you?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in this item, due to size/power ratio. There is a topic thread in the Manufacturers > Acebeam section of this forum for this light. I await beamshots. :)

Protected cell only. My supplier for items with no USA dealer is Vinh. :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm...until the lights show up for sale at REI, Gander Mountain etc. these are pretty far from any store from me lol....Acebeam...I hope some one will chime in and correct my ignorant self when I say isnt Acebeam also a Sysmax company?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew-Amanda is carrying 3 acebeam lights last I checked. Maybe they'll expand in the near future if the demand is there.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really need to see a review on this one first. Too many issues (performance, thermal, etc.) need resolution IMHO. I really wish they'd used an XHP50 for this small bezel model.

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
I really need to see a review on this one first. Too many issues (performance, thermal, etc.) need resolution IMHO. I really wish they'd used an XHP50 for this small bezel model.

Just posted in another thread that I ordered one from lightmalls.com and chose the expediated shipping (3 to 7 business days). I am planning on doing my first flashlight review on it. I was in the same boat as you in regards to purchasing this light. Normally I extensively review a purchase like this but there is very little information on it. Since I already bit the bullet I figure I may as well try and help out people in your situation as I would VERY much appreciate a review of this light.

I'm not a complete newb with flashlights, but nowhere near as knowledgeable as most of you guys. That being said is there anything specific I should cover in the review other than the first impressions, run times, and a couple of beam shots? This light will see heavy use as a work light for my EDC needs. I will be using it for several hours a day 7 days a week. I will be using it for tracing various electrical and plumbing lines in pitch black ceilings to distances of about 50 meters, and being used to tailstand to be a lantern needed to illuminate a pitch black 10ft by 10ft area well enough to distinguish various different wire colors, labeling, screw sizes, and tool sizes for motor replacements, installations, troubleshooting, etc. Therefore I require a GREAT flood light, but also will need the extra blast of lumens when I need to locate things 20 to 50 meters away.

So I am thinking my review will be geared on awnsering performance questions based on how well it performs doing these type of tasks. If there are other aspects of the light that you do not think will be awnsered from these types of tests, please let me know and I will try my best to try and awnser accordingly.

xed888

Enlightened
Just posted in another thread that I ordered one from lightmalls.com and chose the expediated shipping (3 to 7 business days). I am planning on doing my first flashlight review on it. I was in the same boat as you in regards to purchasing this light. Normally I extensively review a purchase like this but there is very little information on it. Since I already bit the bullet I figure I may as well try and help out people in your situation as I would VERY much appreciate a review of this light.

I'm not a complete newb with flashlights, but nowhere near as knowledgeable as most of you guys. That being said is there anything specific I should cover in the review other than the first impressions, run times, and a couple of beam shots? This light will see heavy use as a work light for my EDC needs. I will be using it for several hours a day 7 days a week. I will be using it for tracing various electrical and plumbing lines in pitch black ceilings to distances of about 50 meters, and being used to tailstand to be a lantern needed to illuminate a pitch black 10ft by 10ft area well enough to distinguish various different wire colors, labeling, screw sizes, and tool sizes for motor replacements, installations, troubleshooting, etc. Therefore I require a GREAT flood light, but also will need the extra blast of lumens when I need to locate things 20 to 50 meters away.

So I am thinking my review will be geared on awnsering performance questions based on how well it performs doing these type of tasks. If there are other aspects of the light that you do not think will be awnsered from these types of tests, please let me know and I will try my best to try and awnser accordingly.

Could you please cover whether it's regulated? I doubt Burst mode is but please check Turbo?

xed888

Enlightened
ah well, you'd need a light meter and let it run and measure the lux at the same time to get a graph of lux vs time.

Check out selfbuilt's reviews. he does them real well

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be using it for tracing various electrical and plumbing lines in pitch black ceilings to distances of about 50 meters, and being used to tailstand to be a lantern needed to illuminate a pitch black 10ft by 10ft area well enough to distinguish various different wire colors, labeling, screw sizes, and tool sizes for motor replacements, installations, troubleshooting, etc. Therefore I require a GREAT flood light, but also will need the extra blast of lumens when I need to locate things 20 to 50 meters away.

I'd be very careful using an XHP70 in dark, close quarters situations - you can easily blind yourself with the wrong light level setting. IMHO the EC50 maybe too much output for your work needs. But your review will let you know. Looking forward to it!