Surefire G2X Circuitry Help

njb242

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, new here, looking for some help with my G2X LE. This is Surefire's 400 Lumen G2X with a 15 Lumen dim mode. My google searches have revealed to me that you all are the flashlight modding experts. I've come to the conclusion that I should be able to make the light work in high only by cutting a trace or two on the circuit board. Now the real question is which one? Does anyone know or have a G2X pro that they wouldn't mind photographing the circuit board of?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Imagine the circuit board is the same as the P2X. Here's a link to a pic on the P2X thread, Post #748. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...light-thread&p=3930275&viewfull=1#post3930275
The trace is about 4 o'clock in the picture. Be careful taking the head apart. The LED Board and Driver Board are connected by two pins which pass through the heatsink. Gold pins on the LED side and Aluminium tubes on the driver side. The pins and tubes are VERY fragile and a complete s*d to rejoin if you remove the board. Can be done, just be careful.
P

njb242

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply. I got the light apart pretty easily (mostly good luck). Unfortunately, the circuit board is not the same as the one linked. I'm hoping mine is the same as the G2X pro so I can go off that. I doubt I can post pictures yet, but mine has a spring on it. The circuitry is also quite a bit different as there are not any exposed traces.