Review: DQG series Mini Flashlights or Micro Flashlights, DQG Hobi, DQG Fairy

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Not sure how small flashlight can get in 5 more years, but this DQG Fairy and DQG Hobi is crazy small, even more microscopic than the JETBeam Mini-1 pendant light I used to think is small already. The sad thing is, the packaging is crap, and there is no battery, charger and chain for your neck. All you get is a crappy box with some so called manual that is meant to be for zillions models of their flashlights and the light is stuffed in the middle of the paper roll. Not impressive presentation, but WOW dude this thing is bright!

I have to use my battery from the JETBeam Mini-1, because there isn't any of those crazy micro battery in my house, and I just hate it but I forget the number again, 10180 or something? LOL So many numbers to remember with batteries in flashlights...!

The two model I am reviewing has their own pros and cons, and I would like to refer them to just the DQG thrower and flooder, lol! The thrower is the one with silver body and the flooder is the one with brass body, simple as that. What the heck is fairy and hobi? Means nothing to me.

The silver thrower is nice, and my favorite for the beam color (very warm and reminds me of the Thrunie Ti3 NW). I love the power and the beam color, the thing is so warm and so pink, it's so comfy for the eyes. This is t he perfect folor for EDC use for such a small light, which is meant to be for some close up job or guiding you out a dark building etc.

The brass flooder is not impressive at first, but last night, I took it out to my car and test it inside the car reading stuff and checking the tires etc. Gosh this flood is insane nice, you can hold the light by your ears or face and read a big newspaper with it, it's just flooding everywhere, insane beam! It's a good beam and very unique, I think it has its seat in my collection courtyard now, lol!

Anyone got these here? The silver one seems to get loose very easily and if I tighten up a bit more, it just squeeze the light on, very annoying issue there. I fixed it last night by adding one more thin oring on the groove and it worked. The light is harder to tighten up now and secured in a spot that is not going to get accidentally turn on or get loosen up. To activate the light , just turn and squeeze harder, no big deal. At least I don't get it keep flickering light inside my shirt even just banging on my chest!