Streamlight pressure switch replacement

Chippp1961

Newly Enlightened
Hi All

I purchased a Streamlight Pro Tac Railmount 2Lto mount on my Bow fishing Bow and the pressure switch is way to large and bulky for my application.
Does anybody have a suggestion for an assembly that would fit this light that the pressure switch might be smaller? The threads on the cap are external and measure 19.5mmx1.25
I tried cutting off the switch and installing one off a NcStar ALWS cord but it got so hot i could not use it. The light runs off 2 cr123 and is rated at 625 Lumens.
I would like to find an Assembly that would fit so if the cord gets damaged while out on the lake i can just replace the whole thing.
But i am not saying suggestions on just a switch to solder in would not be appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Chip

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Seeing how you mentioned the original PS has been removed to use an aftermarket PS I would look into using an Insight Technologies square pad PS. It has a very small footprint. They can be found on the "bay" for right around $15 and under. The NSN is 6150-01-363-2798. It is a common PS for several Insight Technology devices including Lights and Lasers. I've used them over the years for special projects and know they can take at least 2 amps.

As long as you have soldering skills and know how to take your tailcap apart to install this pressure switch should last you a very long time. I found several PS/ Tailcap assy on the bay that appear to be factory replacements so you could just get a new switch as a backup but that doesn't help you with wanting a smaller size pad.

Chippp1961

Newly Enlightened
M4a1usr, Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I just purchased one off Ebay.
It looks like what i am looking for.
Do you know of a socket that will accept that connector by any chance?
Any guess what the amp draw would be on my light?
Thanks again
Chip