Convoy s3 assembly video

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaVj8CuYWx0

These people have some skills.

Now, I want to desolder all but two amc's for better efficiency (too much droop post 700 ma) and lower forward voltage (forward voltage at 2 amps is 3.2 volts) and amc dropout (.2 volt over fwV=3.4 V, pwm 2.4 amps) (convoy s3 amc7135*6). I also want to eliminate the useless high mode, which is constantly accidentally turned on, and drains my batteries. No point in carrying an edc that doesn't make it through a day of sporadic use, even when trying to only use the 800 ma mid setting.

Reasons justified, what tool do I use to get the driver out? I have never seen that tool he uses to screw in the driver retaining ring. Tweezers aren't strong enough to turn that ring..... Also, the task of resoldering the star, in that state, looks like a pretty highly skilled job. Probably doable, with 70 percent chance of not damaging the star or getting too much solder, that the reflector no longer fits.

Last edited:

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that tool started life as a pair of round nosed pliers. He's ground the tips thinner than they started.