I think my VC4 is special...

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
either that, or I have crappy batteries...

4 hours+ in the charger...
BY5iem.jpg

and 6 hours later...
kgTxeB.jpg

hmm... what will happen next?X

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
To be fair the VP4, maybe the cells are beyond end of life?
I tend to find some older (non-Eneloop) cells fail to terminate in both of my chargers (Lii-500 and BQ-CC17). Thankfully due to voltage and charged current readout, the Lii-500 tells me more about what is going wrong.

Lithium466

Enlightened
Next time use a faster setting for charging these batteries, it looks like the end of charge was not detected correctly...maybe because of old/aging batteries? Or batteries that were not used for some time.

Edit : depending on the charge rate a coefficient of 1,4-1,5 can be considered normal ; ie 1900x1,5= 2850...but this coefficient varies greatly with charge rate, temperature, batteries, etc...so it is to be considered with precaution :)

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
...maybe the cells are beyond end of life?
Next time use a faster setting for charging these batteries, it looks like the end of charge was not detected correctly...maybe because of old/aging batteries? Or batteries that were not used for some time.
Yes, these cells are from older productions, I started using them ~6 months ago and noted on the high resistance. I was surprised that VC4 being a pretty good all-rounded charger, was unable to terminate and keep (wasting energy) trying to put charge into the cells. My other NiMH chargers, all terminates within 5 hours of charging, one even reported the cell in "ERR". :D