TN 40 S Problem?

geal

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Own several thrunites and I really like them and have had no problems with any of them. Just received a TN40 S and the light is awesome and really well executed. My issue is that on moonlight mode when shined against a wall I noticed that one of the led's is about 25% dimmer than the rest. Anyone else experience this in any lights with multiple emitters? I don't notice a difference on any level except moonlight. Any thoughts? Might overall performance on higher levels be affected or is any difference on higher levels negligible? Would you return the light regardless because of this issue? Thanks for any help you can give me. Edit: BTW if not scrutinizing the beam on moonlight against a wall I don't notice the problem.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed this on some multi-emitter lights. It's hard to have very precise current control on multiple LEDs as they all vary, even after being binned.

geal

Newly Enlightened
I've noticed this on some multi-emitter lights. It's hard to have very precise current control on multiple LEDs as they all vary, even after being binned.

hmm...does this resolve somewhat with increased current/brightness or would it just appear to resolve ie 25% difference is less apparent the brighter the light gets?

Might my light only be putting out 92% of stated lumens on any given level?

harro

Enlightened
This has happened to me, although not on a Thrunite light. Hopefully the TN40S will be my next big light. Anyway, some years ago I had just taken delivery of an Eagletac M3C4 tri X-PG. One led was so lazy, that on low, it was barely a glow. Turbo, and it appeared about half as bright as the other two emitters. I don't know whether it was a led, or the driver or what, but it was replaced immediately, without question, under warranty. If you are not happy, and not sure if its right, then i'd suggest a warranty claim. Whilst some color or output differences can happen with multi emitter lights, -25% give or take on one emitter just sounds like there could be some sort of issue.
Good luck.