Olight S1A Special Editions w/NW tint - are they all over, or more to come?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps I am hopelessly late to the party, but perhaps not?

I just discovered that what I really want is a Rose Gold or Copper or Titanium Olight S1A with a Neutral XM-L2 or Nichia 219 Neutral emitter.

Did I miss out? Will there be some coming?

How difficult is it to replace the emitter in an Olight S1A? Perhaps I need to buy one with the CW emitter (they're available) then have the emitter replaced?

Last edited:

Lexel

Enlightened
The bezel is press fit and can be opened with almost no visible damage to the anodisation if you are carefully

reflowing the LED in this video is not great
heated up way too fast and no additional solder added
better put a thick aluminium plate below the star for slow heat up and cool down
add a little more solder and do a fast push on the emitter to plop too much solder out

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Replacing the emitter is probably the way to go if you want the SE models in neutral. The only neutral I am aware of in the S1A is the standard model and it is only available at Olight's store AFAIK.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bezel is press fit and can be opened with almost no visible damage to the anodisation if you are carefully

reflowing the LED in this video is not great
heated up way too fast and no additional solder added
better put a thick aluminium plate below the star for slow heat up and cool down
add a little more solder and do a fast push on the emitter to plop too much solder out

Thanks for the vid. Was wondering how it looked inside.

Also, I see blood! :eek: