A Warning--Someone is Scamming Lights

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
A few days ago I received an email from someone asking if I was still interested in purchasing Malkoff lights. I said yes and he promptly sent me pics of items I would like to have--a Leef two 18650 light, a beat up Surefire 6P, and an orange Malkoff MDC CR123.

I asked how much he wanted and he said $50. That took me aback a little...so, I asked how he wants payment--money order. His Paypal is locked.

So, I'm seeing red flags. I ask him "Will that MDC take a 18650?". He said....yes. Ding! We have something shady going on. So, I use use Google image search and sure enough, the pictures he sent me were of other CPF members' lights.

So, aware, someone is looking at our classifieds and using that info to scam people. Look out if you get an email from a Dav or Annie Rock.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they contact you through cpf first? And if so I hope you reported their username. Or is your email public somewhere?

Next person who gets this message should carry the ruse out long enough to get a mailing address for that money order they want. Then we'll have something to actually go on.

I hate a thief...

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
No, they found my wanted ad by using Google. They didn't give a screen name and said they weren't a member of CPF.

However, I do have their address and phone number...what can we do with that?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
No, they found my wanted ad by using Google. They didn't give a screen name and said they weren't a member of CPF.

However, I do have their address and phone number...what can we do with that?

Ask him if he wants to do a local pickup. Ask him where he is, and say, I think i might just happen to be there. Character testing 101

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Ask him if he wants to do a local pickup. Ask him where he is, and say, I think i might just happen to be there. Character testing 101

Ha. That is actually something I might do.