Please recommend a P60 platform drop in (4x18650 Li Ion cells)

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
It seems a bit overkill, I know. But. I'm looking for a drop in for a solarforce gladiator. I'd like to use its capacity to hold 4x18650 cells fully.

Is there a drop in that will handle that output? Where could I enquire about a custom made drop in? If at all? I plan on using it on 100% rarely if at all, but it would be a nice option to have.

Thanks

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
What LEDs do you intend? If you use an XHP35 you can use a zener modded FET driver. Or if you want a conventional LED for capacity and not brightness you can use this driver in a traditional drop in host to run at the voltage. [h=1]17mm MTN-MAXlp HP 4A-5.5A Low-Profile Buck Driver - 5V-18V[/h]

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drop a note to Richard at Mountain Electronics or one of the several modders here on the forum. Are you looking for flood or throw? With that kind of power available a high CRI drop in would be very doable.

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
Drop a note to Richard at Mountain Electronics or one of the several modders here on the forum. Are you looking for flood or throw? With that kind of power available a high CRI drop in would be very doable.

Throw 60% flood 40%…?

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
What LEDs do you intend? If you use an XHP35 you can use a zener modded FET driver. Or if you want a conventional LED for capacity and not brightness you can use this driver in a traditional drop in host to run at the voltage. [h=1]17mm MTN-MAXlp HP 4A-5.5A Low-Profile Buck Driver - 5V-18V[/h]

I wish I knew more about the things offered on this product. I'm super new to this and have really no clue as to what any of the options offered mean. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I'll send nailbender a message perhaps also today.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I knew more about the things offered on this product. I'm super new to this and have really no clue as to what any of the options offered mean. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I'll send nailbender a message perhaps also today.

To give you some idea on what you would be looking for and if you really want to learn. I put together two competing builds. Also helps to know what you are looking for when talking to custom builders. The first is a single emitter and the second is a quad.

The first build is the nailbender-esque build and the second is the Vinh-esque build.
ucdl6gg.png

TkLbEaD.png