TWO Faulty XT11GT's - exact same problem

CaPpedDoG

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, so I'm having a problem with the Klarus XT11GT. The exact same thing has happened to TWO brand new XT11GT's now. Both tail switches (turbo & on/off) have stopped working. Occasionally if I bang around the light it flickers on. Unscrewing the tail cap, the light often turns on. Side button works perfectly fine. I thought my first XT11GT was just faulty, so I purchased another one... exact same thing!! Anyone know whats up? Cheers

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had quality issues with Klarus when I first got into flashlights. Wanted to love the XT11 so bad but had multiple copies with issues. Buy a Fenix E01 and whatever Malkoff turns you on and be a happy camper.
Hey guys, so I'm having a problem with the Klarus XT11GT. The exact same thing has happened to TWO brand new XT11GT's now. Both tail switches (turbo & on/off) have stopped working. Occasionally if I bang around the light it flickers on. Unscrewing the tail cap, the light often turns on. Side button works perfectly fine. I thought my first XT11GT was just faulty, so I purchased another one... exact same thing!! Anyone know whats up? Cheers

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem and returned mine. Actually the light failed me when I really needed it on a hunting trip. I have a Surefire in my pack now. It's not as many lumens, but I know it will work when I need it.

texas cop

Enlightened
I'll do you one better. I had the LED pop off the day I got it. Banggood sent me a new one after a few pictures. So at least I've got a few spare parts.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
And to top those, my LED jumped off like a starving tick after a deer, busted through the glass window, left the reflector black with soot, hit the wall in my office, exploded and I am picking up lumens scattered all over the room still today. lol. Seriously, I think I am going to have to look at Malkoff as well. Sounds like a bad model.

Mrty

Newly Enlightened
I received a XT11GT for Christmas and am having the same issue. It will not turn on at times must unscrew tail cap and then it will turn on.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you have to unscrew the tailcap maybe a half-turn and all three switches work fine from then on?

Apparently, the separate inner metal tube which functions as an electrical connector between the tailcap switches and the e-switch at the head, is the cause of the electrical connection problems. Some reviews revealed problems when the tailcap wasn't screwed down tightly enough, which seems like the opposite problem to what users found on this thread. Since this light has e-switches at both head and tail and also a mechanical tailcap switch, and this is relatively unconventional technology, problems are not a surprise. But I do understand the disappointment for sure.

Zebralight had an offshoot brand (can't remember the name) which had e-switches at both ends. Don't know if they experienced problems too although their lights did not rely on a separate metal inner tube for a connection between the two e-switches.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am put off by such reports too. So instead of buying the XT11GT i think i will treat myself with a Malkoff or a Fenix E01. I don't need much light, i just need a reliable light. Ciao Klarus.

wardroid

Newly Enlightened
I haven't used mine extensively, but I haven't had issues with mine.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
These reports are making me a bit nervous. I've just ordered a Klarus XT12GT, which hasn't arrived yet, and it has the same tail switch system as the XT11GT, so I hope it works alright. But I suppose there are hundreds out there without these issues...

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
My XT11GT arrived with a donut on the hotspot and a faulty tail cap button.
No way was it putting out 2000 lumens on my 18650's.

Returned it and went with a Fenix TK16 instead, very pleased.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a faulty XT12GT and have started a thread on that. Did anybody with the faulty XT11GTs notice the charging port flickering green when you were having failures?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I had a G30 that just failed. Actually it still comes on but it gets super hot in just a couple seconds and produces fumes. I'm not going to try testing or even put any cells inside it any more. The cell polarity was correct. I have a new G20 too and mine, contrary to just about every other person who has this light actually tests at over 2,500 lumens. About 2650 if I recall. I think it's rated for 3,000 though. Most people are reporting about 2,000 if lucky for this light. I'm guessing that however they acquired their drivers, a whole mess of them had the wrong spec resistors or some such thing and they just flew past QC. I'm very hesitant about Klarus these days and when people bring it up as a "good alternative" to some other lights that may be under discussion, I just don't say anything, lol.

m1green

Newly Enlightened
I'll chime in here - same/similar problem. I've had my XT11GT for about a month and sometimes it behaves oddly when operating with the tail switch, but tonight it turned on and I could not turn it off with any of the switches. Took the tail cap off and let it sit for a bit and reassembled and same thing. Finally got it off, then it would not come on. I ended up lightly tapped the tail assembly on a hard surface and that seems to have jarred it back into working normally, so my guess is something mechanical in the tail switch. I'm past my Amazon return period, so if it happens again I'll send it in. It was annoying because I really needed it to work at the time when it failed. Kind of disappointed because the light has really grown on me so hopefully can figure this out and get it fixed.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are similar issues with the Klarus XT12GT. Does anybody know if they have actually fixed the problem yet?

tom-

Enlightened
Perhaps some Fenix parts could be used to permanently take care of the issue.

Rob497

Newly Enlightened
I just opened my XT11GT that I got for Christmas. When I plug it in to charge, the Orange led started flashing. Tried different usb cables, same thing. Can't get it to charge or turn on.

Help!

Thank you

rennie

Newly Enlightened
I just opened my XT11GT that I got for Christmas. When I plug it in to charge, the Orange led started flashing. Tried different usb cables, same thing. Can't get it to charge or turn on.Help!Thank you
Have you taken out the protective screen on the battery?